One Button Press for Guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

user92626

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2007
Guys,

Please I need a way to press only ONE button to call up the guide. Clicking twice, especially with slow responding receivers, is too much after a while. Thanks.

Guys,

Please I need a way to press only ONE button to call up the guide. Clicking twice, especially with slow responding receivers, is too much after a while. Thanks.

Although I too agree there should be a "one click" option, I have used my buds H20 at length and the "two click" to get to the main guide is a non-hassle and VERY FAST. What make and model are you using?

Just push the guide button twice on new receivers, if you must have one push shop Ebay for an older receiver but you will probably lose more features than the benefit of one push.

My HD H20 is not very responsive. It lags over a second to respond to a command. Because it's slow it becomes messy if I forget and issue too many commands at the same time. Actually I use remotes at the same speed as with all other equipments (and remotes have been around forever, right?). So, you can imagine how annoying that is.

My other non-hd, silver receivers respond like other equipments (tv, audio). So, no problem with them.

So, Is it because of the nature of HD?

My HD H20 is not very responsive. It lags over a second to respond to a command. Because it's slow it becomes messy if I forget and issue too many commands at the same time. Actually I use remotes at the same speed as with all other equipments (and remotes have been around forever, right?). So, you can imagine how annoying that is.

My other non-hd, silver receivers respond like other equipments (tv, audio). So, no problem with them.

So, Is it because of the nature of HD?

usually if your channel change speed is a little long it's due to longer cable runs between your receiver and dish

Another option, wrt the guide button, is use a remote that has macro abilities, then you can just macro 2 guide presses into one button.

Also fwiw, the HR20 (perhaps others?) has a feature that reenables the one-button:

http://www.dbstalk.com/archive/index.php/t-80085.html

User hasan says "To enable 1 button Guide:
On the front panel of the unit: PUSH AND HOLD the guide button, when the "filter list appears", push the active button... and let go (both buttons are on the front panel).

After that... your guide will be on the first push, and the guide filter on the second.

To disable... to the same process (or reboot). And you will be back to the 2 push guide method."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts