One Hopper 3 vs two Hopper 2s and 2 Joeys

nmguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Albuquerque
Our current setup is fast becoming untenable, with my wife on my case to do something. We currently have two Hopper 2s with Sling and two Joeys. The Hoppers are getting slower and slower and the Hopper's interoperability is basically broken, we don't watch commercials. If I go to one Hopper 3, will it support 3 Joeys running simultaneously? What has improved with the Hopper 3s? We got the two hoppers to have 5 tuners (2 + PTA on one and 3 on the other). With 4 adults in the house we need all the tuners we can get, also a lot of storage. I believe our Hopper 2's have 2TB each (so 4TB total) plus I have an external drive on one of them, which I assume can be moved to a Hopper 3. Our internet is through Comcast, which I'm happy with except for cost LOL. Just wondering If I can get what I need from upgrading to one Hopper 3 for perhaps the same cost we're paying now.

It will easily support three Joeys.

The H3 is much faster.

The EHD will work just fine and you should lose no recordings.

The H3 does not have a red LED recording in progress light.

Reactions: DWS44 and JSheridan
The Drive might be 2TB but you only get to use approximately 1.2 TB the rest is reserved for DISH. (that is on ALL Hopper models)

Reactions: charlesrshell
When you move to the H3, it will likely come with the slightly faster Joey 2 model, if you don't already have them at your Joey locations. You might also want to request the newest Joey, the Joey 3, if available. It is considerably faster than the Joey 2, and closer in speed to the H3 itself, which you might find useful if you frequently watch TV at your Joey locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)