One Hopper can't see the other Hopper's recordings

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I thought with the new 213 software, you can watch all the shows recording on the other Hopper?

I want to utilize one Hopper to record Prime Time anytime.

I remember there was a Green option to change the source of recordings. That has disappeared?

I just checked both Hoppers.. neither sees each other.

If I turn hook up the EHD, I will see the 'Hopper" menu but that only consists of the EHD and my own Hopper (not the other Hopper).

On the Hoppers, do yellow button, Network Setup, Whole Home. Other Hopper should be listed, if not, your system may have isolators installed.

Did the power reset...both have S213 software install

On the Whole-Home menu, both Hoppers do see each other but not the programs recorded.

Both Joeys are connected to the same Hopper though. The other Hopper does not have any Joey connected.

Thanks all for the help. After waiting for about 8 hours after the hard resets, the tab for the other Hopper mysteriously showed up?!

Anyway, it's working now but did not know it takes time for the Hoppers to discover each other!

As of S213 all three of my Hoppers and 2 of my Joeys have intermittent problems with either seeing the other Hoppers or linking to Hoppers after the nightly reboot. Whichever Hopper that is not visible will be visible after a red button reset. I think it's a software issue. MoCA signal strength is 4 bars on all devices at all times.

With 213 I don't have the check switch issue anymore, but as posted above after inactivity I do have to reset the recievers to show the icon of which hopper you want to watch recordings on

With 213 I don't have the check switch issue anymore, but as posted above after inactivity I do have to reset the recievers to show the icon of which hopper you want to watch recordings on

Where are you seeing icons for which Hopper to see recordings on? - on a Hopper or a Joey?

Anytime the hopper button disappears, I go into the network menu and reset connection. It always comes back after this. Works on the joeys as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)