One last help question before this guy gets here???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
When I went to buy my third box yesterday from the installer they were like we need to install another satellite dish and what ever to power this. So can someone shoot me a wiring diagram for a three hopper system where two of the hoppers see each other with three joeys and the third hopper has one joey that is separate that way I have it all sitting here so they don't try to put another damn dish on my house.

3HaloODST wiring diagram: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/287591-installing-3rd-hopper.html#post2903300

One difference from that is to not connect the solo and duo node that 3halo set up. He wanted all three hoppers integrated and it looks like you want them separate.

Also your joey numbers are slightly different, but you should get the idea on how to adapt that to your system.

Here's the original wiring diagrams as that should help too: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/279755-hopper-joey-wiring-diagrams.html

The installer could have been referring to the need for extra switches and the extra solo node which may not covered in a normal install.

Last edited:
Would this work? keckge.jpgI just made a few modifications to 3halodst's
And thank you guys so much for the help I just want this to be installed the way I want it to work and not some wonky weird way that I have to back and fix. :)

Last edited:
Would this work?View attachment 79934I just made a few modifications to 3halodst's
And thank you guys so much for the help I just want this to be installed the way I want it to work and not some wonky weird way that I have to back and fix. :)

you're just missing a joey on that first duo node (i think you said 3 in the OP). Just connect it to that open client port or use a three way splitter or a tap (depending on your wiring situation).

The only problem with your modification is that you are losing connectivity between the three Hoppers and the 3rd Joey; you will not be able to "see" or share content between the nodes (i.e. Hoppers & Joeys on the Duo Node can see each other, but not the Hopper in the Single Node; the Hopper & Joey on the Singel Node will also not be able to see the other two Hoppers of Joeys). Also, all unused ports on the switches and nodes have to be terminated with a 75ohm cap.

I have an alternate diagram that I will try to repost showing how I connected 3 Hoppers and 6 Joeys to a single 1000.2 dish.

Here's my alternate wiring config for 3 Hoppers and 5 Joeys. The 6th Joey could be setup with a 3-splitter on Duo Node #2 in place of the 2-way splitter (like I did on Duo Node #1) or tapped (using a tap device instead of a splitter) off of either of the 3 Hopper connections.

Wiring Diagram 3 Hopper - 5  Joeys.jpg

I used a second Duo Node instead of a Single Node to allow me to use the 1st client port to cross-connect the two nodes (i.e. create one big MOCA network that allows all devices to see each other) and still have a second client port to connect Joeys.

Hey guys the big point was for the two hoppers to see each other and the third one for the kids not to see the other two. Thank you so much for the help. hopefully they won't forget whatever a terminator is though. I was also under the assumption that at some point I could add another 211k to the power inserter if I wish?

Last edited:
Ok so they did the install 4 hours the main floor works..............downstairs no work which is the seperate one hopper one joey in the diagram.......any thoughts... I had an extra switch it was bad and someone brought them a switch it was bad and we did test the out ports of my current switch and it is putting out what its supposed to. So now he has to bring one back today! He said this was the most complicated install he has ever done in his job ever. Then when I went to dish's site all of my equipment is coming up as owned. Which is bothering me. Oh and I got 221 when they installed it.

What switches are they using to feed the downstairs H/J setup?

From my experience and the other diagrams posted on the site, I know you can get the 3rd Hopper running off a DishPro Plus 33 switch connected to the feed-through ports of a DishPro Plus 44 switch. Make sure they are using DishPro Plus switches to feed your nodes.

I have a two Hopper 0 Joey system with Duo Node.
Should I have terminators on the 2 unused poets on the Duo Node?
The installer did not know what a terminator was.

A terminator is not needed, but not having the unused ports on the node without them may lead to issues in the future. So its best to install them when the system is installed.

The 75-ohm terminators will ensure optimal MoCA signal quality by preventing RF leakage and/or RF interference from entering/exiting unused ports.

Here is an actual picture of my install.

DSC00917.jpg
3 Hoppers 4 Joeys We used two dpp44 switch's cascaded installer didn't have any 33 switch's 44 work fine dual node and single node installer didn't know what a terminator was either so none of those. Now I want to get real adventurous and add a 211k with a hard drive to my kitchen. LOL oh wait I forgot to add we used a couple of those other gismos that make it so you don't have to run all the way back to to the node to get signal to your joey. oh and the reason its not pretty is its in a closet so it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
A terminator is a little cap that goes on an unused port. Commonly available, 75 ohm. Use them, they're cheap and may avoid problems in the future.

An installer that does not know this? Wow. 101.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts