One of 4 HR23s on new HD GUI back to being slow again

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rockstead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Earth
My most used HR23 is back to being laggy again, there was a significant speed difference when it first switched over to the HD GUI, but now it is working so much slower than my other HR23s, in fact even before HD GUI was rolled out, my other HR23s were always fast and they continue to be as compared to this slow poke.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Have you restarted it?
How full is the hard drive?
Maybe it's a different manufacturer? HR23-xxx

I cant remember the last time I restarted it. It has 30% drive space free but it does have all 50 spots used for the scheduler. I remember there was something about resolution settings that could impact the performance, is that still the case with the HD GUI and can you remind me of the setting and any other I should verify.

Thanks.

I cant remember the last time I restarted it. It has 30% drive space free but it does have all 50 spots used for the scheduler. I remember there was something about resolution settings that could impact the performance, is that still the case with the HD GUI and can you remind me of the setting and any other I should verify.

Thanks.

"I remember there was something about resolution settings that could impact the performance," I don't ever remember hearing this. AND can say I have never noticed it.

So can just resolution to 1080 and just leave it on that option and that speeds it up? Is there any downside to doing that?

Agreed. They are back to overloading the box with bloated firmware. Horrah! More useless features again... The box was awesome when the HD-GUI just came out. Couldn't let a good thing be, could they?

I have found clearing the ram speeds it back up. You can clear it by going to channel 1 wait for 20 seconds then hit red, red, blue, yellow, green. It helps when my hr22 slows down.

Will it give me an indication that this worked after entering the code? Will the receiver restart?

I wonder why there is no defrag option o n these things, that would help a little, maybe.

The only thing that sets this unit apart from is that it is my primary unit that gets a heck of a lot more usage than my others.

Turn off scrolling effects, turn off native, do a hard reset by unplugging it. DTV engineering team is working to fix the slowness because everyone is having it.

Rockstead said:
Will it give me an indication that this worked after entering the code? Will the receiver restart?

I wonder why there is no defrag option o n these things, that would help a little, maybe.

The only thing that sets this unit apart from is that it is my primary unit that gets a heck of a lot more usage than my others.

No it does not give any prompts. However as soon as you start using it you will notice the difference.

Turn off scrolling effects, turn off native, do a hard reset by unplugging it. DTV engineering team is working to fix the slowness because everyone is having it.

Thanks, in my case it has always been m primary hr23 that has been slow, my other hr23s that get less use are super fast, before and after the hd GUI.

This is a really stupid question but I am going to ask it anyhow. How could they have missed this in their beta tests before the national release? The original HD-GUI was just fine. The subsequent release was real slow. I see this happen all too often. D* wants to add something like "Shows you'll like" or whatever and make sure that works but neglect the obvious receiver response speed. FYI, part of the problem is remote to receiver response. If I press 2-4-9 I shouldn't have to wait 10 seconds for that to appear, if at all. I tried what you suggested and it really didn't do much to help.

No it does not give any prompts. However as soon as you start using it you will notice the difference.

Actually it does say NVRAM cleared on the bottom of the screen, or something like that.

Ditto on the above,

My HR22-100 started working really good when the HD GUI first came out, now it is slower than before the HD GUI came out...... :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)