One or Two Dishes????

Goots

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
I have an order in with Dish Network to install the 250 Package with HD and one HD DVR and two HD Receivers. They told me when I called to order I would get one Dish 1000Plus. Now they are telling me I will get 2 Dish 500s. What gives? Can this be done with one Dish? Are the two Dishes Better? I live in Delaware.

HD programing is on 110 and 61.5/129. 110 with 119 and 129 can be done on one dish while 119/119 along with 61.5 has to be done with two dishes. Since 129's footprint is not easily viewable along several Northeastern state, Delaware being one of them, you have to have two dishes.

Thanks for the information,. I wonder why the Customer service rep at Dishnetwork couldn't tell me that?

Unless you're getting HD locals. In some markets, HD locals are carried on the 118.7 which will then require the 1000+. Otherwise, a dish 1000.2 would do just fine. No need for 2 dishes in either case. The only reason 2 dishes would be required is like gary said, if the 129 is not viewable from your geographic location, in which case you would need a second dish to get 61.5 for HD programming. Not sure what SAT location locals come from in you area though.

I *think* he's looking at a 110/119, 61.5 setup. That's what I have here and with 2 dishes. I'd have to take another look at where the line is for 129 vs 61.5.

I am getting HD and they tell me two Dish 500's. I am jsut trying to see if it can be done with one Dish (Preferred) or they are trying get rid of the older two dish set-up. I really do not want two Dishes mounted on my house. Also I am going to get the HD package and the HD Locals in addition to the 250 Channel Package and HD DVR.

If you are in the Philly market for locals (for Delaware its New Castle & Kent Counties), then to get HD locals you NEED the 2 dish setup. Philly HD locals are on 61.5

Basically your 110/119 dish "looks" southwest and your 61.5 dish "looks" southeast so you're not going to get this into a one-dish setup. For those folks that use the 110/119/129 arrangement, the satellite locations are more conducive to being able to see all 3 with one dish.

make sense now? It really has nothing to do with Dish trying to unload old equipment on you. It's just what needs to be done mechanically to see all 3 birds.

Very Clear Now. Wonder why they just couldn't tell me that. Thank you all for the information.

I have an order in with Dish Network to install the 250 Package with HD and one HD DVR and two HD Receivers. They told me when I called to order I would get one Dish 1000Plus. Now they are telling me I will get 2 Dish 500s. What gives? Can this be done with one Dish? Are the two Dishes Better? I live in Delaware.
Ok..here's the deal.....HD locals from Philly (New Castle and Kent counties, DE only) are from the 61.5 orbital slot..so the info is accurate. You will need two dishes for HD locals..****note**** if your zip is in Sussex County,DE you are in the Salisbury ,MD DMA. Dish does not provide LIL service from that market....http://www.dishchannelchart.com/..look at the 61.5 satellite list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)