One reason to get BEV/SD in the US

A funny thing they said this morning on ESPN's mike & mike is that curling is the most watched olympic event so far in the US.
Curling has a big novelty factor to it, so people watch it. And since with every slide the stones can/will change positions, it keeps people interested in a match.

For Hockey, they already know they don't like it, so they don't bother to watch it.

I had a meeting with about 40 store managers today, and at least 6 or 7 of them had asked if I saw the Canada US game the other night (here we are two days later) and talked about watching it. Only one of them I know to have every been a hockey fan, and most know that I am a hockey fan. I think it had much better viewership than I expected.

In fact, one complained that they only saw about 20 seconds of it on NBC, I asked if he knew it was on MSNBC and he said his hotel room didn't get it.

What suprised me, very few of them are hockey fans, but enjoyed the game.

US Olympic Coverage

It's true that the US broadcasters are strictly ratings driven, hence the crappy Olympic coverage if you don't care for hours and hours of Ice Dancing, Figure Skating, etc. I have been really happy with my new SD setup that I finished just in time for the Olympics. I am a Curling and Hockey nut, and enjoy(ed) playing and watching both for many years.

I am looking forward to watching Kevin Martin and Norway in the Curling Gold Medal game on TSN in a couple hours. The Hockey coverage has been great too, but the bias I've seen this year is bad. Very little or no mention of the classless Canadian Women's victory celebration which included underage drinking on the ice that got them into hot water, yet they slammed Ohno for his comments after he was DQ'ed in the 500M short track final.

AC, bah humbug, the girls worked their fannies off to get to the level where they could win gold. Let them enjoy their gold medal in peace. One of the best times in life would be when you can celabrate an olympic gold medal with your team-mates. Good on them, and all the effort they put forth. An 18 year old drinking a beer after winning an olympic gold medal in a safe enviorment should be the very least of anyone's worries. Live and let live.

True, much ado about nothing. But what do you think the reaction in Canada would have been if Team USA had won and they were the ones who had done that? It would have been a different reaction for sure.

The coverage by CTV in my opinion was great, so much so that I felt sorry for those in the US watching the NBC broadcasts. A friend stopped over and commented on the lack of or how so few commercials on TSN/CTV stations.

I did notice where CTV has started the short biographies and stories about the athletes and provided less coverage of the lesser participated sports.

Excellent on all accounts and so happy I have Canadian Television. (Bell)

Pooka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts