One single Christmas Gift From Dish.

A la carte programming or, at a minimum, seperate programming packs for different genres like Sports programming, Children's programming, Women's programming, News, etc.

I can think of a few, Return of Extra Innings, Rest of the Cinemax tier, Disney Dispute settled without being bent over, Sirius talk channels. All nice, but please put the RSNs in full time HD, even if it means putting a lot of them on spotbeams like COX in New Orleans. Because it's annoying watching the programning in freaking letter box.

A guide that accurately reflects start/stop times of shows so I don't miss endings. That is the one thing I hate about E* service. The D* guide I used to use was much better in that respect.

A guide that accurately reflects start/stop times of shows so I don't miss endings. That is the one thing I hate about E* service. The D* guide I used to use was much better in that respect.
The guides are the same for both carriers. What has changed is the network's penchant for running minutes long or having the entire schedule minutes off.

I'd love to be able to transfer video from my DVR to my iPhone or iPad so I can watch whenever I want. Similar to the Archos DishPlayers. I'm really hoping this one comes true since I know that they've been working on it.

Anyone asking that Disney/ESPN dispute be taken care of for X-mas isn't asking for something from Santa. That would be the be something that happened over 2k yrs ago. IOW a miracle from God.

The guides are the same for both carriers. What has changed is the network's penchant for running minutes long or having the entire schedule minutes off.

Not true. D*s guide, for example, shows programs on ABC and FX starting and stopping minutes early or late and their DVRs record accordingly. I never missed the end of Desperate Housewives, The League, Its Always Sunny..., etc with D*.

wanna bet?
Since you don't have Directv making assumptions only makes...well you know the rest

couple examples on Directv
Right now 2 1/2 men shows 8-8:31 (I'm in the Central Time Zone)
Most of the cable nets that show new episodes twice (like A&E, TruTV, History) the 10:00 or 10:30 showing always goes to 11:01 and then the rest of the night they are always a minute after the top and bottom

Dish shows 2 1/2 men as 8-8:30
and the cable shows show at top and bottom of hour

If you'd like screen pics I'd be more than happy to show you :)
So if you have Dish you either have to tie up both tuners or you get a hard cut and it ending early.

Directv has the guide right....Dish doesn't

Dish to make a Slingplayer for my BB and BB Playbook, and continue supporting the older AV models. I have no need to upgrade to a newer one when this works just fine just because Dish/Sling want's to force unnecessary upgrades.

WHDVR would be nice too, hopefully that one comes along soon.

Yes screen pix would be good.

well here ya go...now I am a "mover" with Dish so the nets wont match up call sign wise ;)
1st example is 2 1/2 men
Directv shows 8-8:31
attachment.php

Dish shows 8-8:30
attachment.php

The Bachelor on ABC...Directv shows 7-9:01
attachment.php

Dish shows 7-9
attachment.php

Storage Wars on A&E. Usually the episode that runs til 11:00 goes one minute over and each episode after that goes from :01-:31.
attachment.php

Dish goes 1/2 hour
attachment.php

Same with Pawn Stars
attachment.php

attachment.php

Also remember Directv does record the padding regardless. So unless you have nothing going after the programs I posted (in which the padding will work) the Dish receivers will cut early in some cases for the next program. Thats why my dad has to see the last minute of 2 1/2 men on the recording of Mike and Molly.

Attachments

• PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    872.8 KB · Views: 223
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    876.1 KB · Views: 215
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    885.6 KB · Views: 205
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    877.3 KB · Views: 209
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    890 KB · Views: 90
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    868.6 KB · Views: 280
  • PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    878.1 KB · Views: 249
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    875.5 KB · Views: 201
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    885.5 KB · Views: 213
I'd like Charlie to make more nice nice with TiVo and provide a TiVo receiver for Dish Network subscribers.

Yes, this is a great heresy, but I really enjoy the many "extras" that my HD TiVo provides.