onkyo 770 center output only on some channels

obba

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Got a weird (to me) problem with the Onkyo 770's and Voom.

If i go to a channel that is supposed to have suround sound, i get it, plus when i press the display button on the onkyo, i see that it is 3/2.1

If i go to some channels, say foxnews that is not surround sound, but stereo sound, i only hear it out of the center channel. on the onkyo it says Dolby D 2/0 which should be stereo, but i only hear it out of the center channel.

I went to another channel, Discovery, that is also stereo, its also displayed as Dolby D 2/0, but now i hear it in stereo, with all speakers.

Sci Fi, same as foxnews, only center channel.

USA, same as discovery, i can hear it the way it should be.

I can understand if ALL 2/0 would come out of the center channel, but now its mix/match between channels, not making sense (to me)

I posted this on avsforums under home theater in a box also. Not sure if its the voom box that i have problem with, or the onkyo

EDIT: using optical out from voom box to the onkyo receiver.

EDIT2: i can get it to work by manually selecting stereo on the onkyo receiver, but then everything is in stereo, including the hd stuff with surround sound :/

got it..

I have to use PLIIx Music, and adjust the center width. Only works under the PLIIx Music mode. I cant change that part in the game/movie mode.

but now i got output from more than the center channel on some channels ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)