Onkyo BD 606 in October

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
That is what happens when a consortium doesn’t have the guts to put out the best of the many profiles that would best serve the customer.

It needs to be said.

Profile 2.0 is dead. You will not see significant 2.0 players this year. In turn, there will not be a lot of titles with web content. It will snowball, and by next year at this time, there won't even be discussion on the subject.

The only reason there was a 2.0 was to combat HD-DVD, and that war is over. No incentive now.

Would not surprise me, I would not care either :)

If the studios dont find it supported, or dont think it will be used by the mass, why even do it. I think, that as j6p adopts BR, the importance of BD Live is going to diminish.

The only reason there was a 2.0 was to combat HD-DVD, and that war is over. No incentive now.
I think so, too...
But what will the reason/incentive be for it to "snowball" next year?

Except for being able to charge more...

Diogen.

I think so, too...
But what will the reason/incentive be for it to "snowball" next year?

Except for being able to charge more...

Diogen.

That was unclear. I meant a negative snowball. Few titles => fewer players => fewer titles...

It needs to be said.
It seems that since the war BD has no incentive to do anything that best serves the consumer. I know the war was hard on their bottom line and we all knew the consumer would get the shaft while $ony recouped losses from the war, but there is no reason the hold back the technology. With the average player being $500 the very least BD could do is deliver all the technology to date. Its bad enough as it is that these $500 players need continuous firmware updates to fix flaws and to fix the damages done by the original fixes. Flaws like dropped audio during scenes, doesn’t the BD family of companies have QA departments to test firmware. Didn’t $ony realize that the PS3 picture was softer then Charmin. I could go on and on. These flaws continue to add up thus confirming that the incentive is hopelessly gone.:(

Just wondering,

Do you ever have an original thought, or do your absorb what you read from people who have actually HAD the personal experience, then manipulate it and broadcast it to serve your purpose?

I also don't think you care about what the "consumer" needs, you care about yourself and your one sided thinking. Nothing else matters and everything else is wrong.

I guess HDDVD always had flawless FW too huh? :rolleyes:

Original thought as in continuous posting of links from other sources??

My conscience is clear here as I have not lied about BD ever. If you want me to ignore/lie about the many BD issues to make you feel good then your are out of luck. I sorry I can’t follow the rules below. I don’t have a bone to pick, I only voice legitimate flaws. This is a forum isn’t it, if you agree then stop crying.

there is only a need to discuss the direction BD is heading and what can be done to improve the format. And that can be done in the BD forum.

:)

The Rodney Dangerfield of HDDVD

And now that I think about it, youre not like a broken record, its more like those teachers on Charlie Brown.

more like $1000 by the time it comes out...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought prices were supposed to be going down now that there was only one format??
LOL When the war ended $ony rubbed its hands together and said its money making time. All jokes aside with no competition why would they drop prices. Prices indeed have gone up since New Years. They'll push this tatic until the consumer pushes back.

Onkyo's players aren't cheap. (They're HD DVD player was $1k.) They're not as high as Denon, but I don't expect Magnavox pricing from them. I do expect Onkyo features--profile 1.1 is a no-no. Denon, Onkyo and Pioneer all need to be taken behind the woodshed and bitch slapped for releasing such crap. Yamaha, Cambridge Audio, Oppo, Rotel and others at least have the class to wait and release a proper 2.0 standalone. (The others will probably be priced into the stratosphere, but I won't ask WTF?)

I wonder when/if we'll see a Blu-ray player that can record +/- R/RW & RAM DVDs? Almost bought a Panasonic burner (did RAM also) for $229 from BB but it did not do DL. I think I'll find one online that does it all for less than that.

No one said they'd go down immediately. Only over time, just like in the early days of DVDs. They haven't even ramped up production yet. Price reductions by the end of the year, less than $300 at least, and probably below $200 Xmas 2009. Pretty much the same thing a lot of us have been saying for a long time.

Vurbano, commenting on someone else "attacking someone.":rolleyes: Go back and read some of your own posts. And note your frequent name calling, such as your post above. If they disagree with you, they're "shills" eh? You have a high opinion of your own opinion.

Are you always an a@@? I do not venture into BD forums every day but every time I do you are attacking someone for no reason.
Yeah its becoming a trend. Other then a few handslaps the mods have been letting him get away with it. Remember this recent classic:

Originally Posted by elwaylite
I dont read the threads, just the news you idiot. Your posts continue to show how stupid you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts