Onkyo HT-S790 and Dish Remote

jman069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Hello,

I have an Onkyo HT-S790 and just got my VIP 722 and in aux (followed the programming with doing the 2 in front of the codes and did the scan mode at work and don't remember all steps but did do what most typically forget) I can turn on my audio system and adjust the volume but it won't let me turn it off!!!! I have to get my Onkyo controller to turn it off!!! Can someone please help me?

FYI I'm coming from an 522 DVR and the remote for it did the same thing. I was hoping that with the updated remotes there may be a way?

Thanks,

J

I have the same problem with my Onkyo receiver as well. I wish I knew how to turn it off from one remote as well.

Chris

Ditto with me too! Same exact problem. We have resigned ourselfs to using the original Onkyo remote to turn it off or simply get up and walk over to it and press the button on the receiver. What frustrates me is I absolutely don't get it. The Onkyo remote uses only one button to turn it on and off, so how could the Dish remote successfully turn it on, but not turn it off? It doesn't seem to be separate discrete on/off codes for the receiver. If it were, the Onkyo remote could not toggle on and off with the same button. But if the receiver toggles the power on and off with the same code, then the Dish remote should work. I don't get it.

Still No luck here either but I agree since it's one button you'd think dish's remote would work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)