Onkyo Introduces HDMI 2.0 Receivers

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Onkyo announces two state-of-the-art network A/V receivers, the 5.2-channel TX-NR535 and 7.2-channel TX-NR636. Both feature HDMI specified for 4K/60 Hz video, built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth, and universal support for gapless* hi-res network audio, while the TX-NR636 adds HDCP 2.2 compatibility to support the latest DRM copy-protection standard.

Looks like they dropped Audyssey.

Both models include Onkyo’s proprietary AccuEQ calibration system

http://www.onkyousa.com/Info/pressreleases.php#317

S~

I'm betting they just dropped Audyssey for these two units in order to keep these at a decent price point. I think Audyssey cut off at the 4x4 series last year, so it looks like they might be cutting off at the 636 this time around.

I was thinking you'd see Audyssey in higher units as well. Pioneer seems to have added a sub eq to MCACC. Interesting.

Since Ive gone to a standalone amp, Im on the lookout for HDMI 2.0 separates.

I was thinking you'd see Audyssey in higher units as well. Pioneer seems to have added a sub eq to MCACC. Interesting.

Since Ive gone to a standalone amp, Im on the lookout for HDMI 2.0 separates.

Same here ( HDMI 2.0 pre-amp ) but might use my 40% card on the Emotiva XMC-1 ( or wait for RMC-1 ) and pay more for the HDMI 2.0 upgrade OR just get another AVR to use with my amps. Dolby Atmos might be closer than we think for home theater, so maybe I'll wait for both. I'm in no particular rush to get HDMI 2.0/4K, so I could easily wait the two or three years it would take to actually see any mass amounts of content.

Me too. Im using the Denon X4000 as a pre pro, so its not a need, just a want.

I figure next year will be a 4K display and 4K pre pro for me. I really want a 70+" but Im going to see how they review this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)