online account

sethwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Booneville, AR
This is a new one for me. i went to my account online and wanted to change my programming, dropping multi-sport pack and platinum(which a message previously told me that if i clicked yes or something that it would drop it after my 3 free months is over, it didn't!). i uncheck the boxes and click order, confirm or what have you. then i get this

"We are unable to process your request. Programming can only be removed one time in a twelve month period on the web. Please call 1-888-884-2741 to complete your request."

since when did they start doing this and why? i'm not changing my core programming so what should it matter if i add or drop an add on? anyone else have this problem?

You Never were aloud to downgrade online AT ALL, Untill this went into effect 1 year ago. So I'm not sure what your talking about. You Cannot remove any programming more then 1 time in a 12 month period. You can add when ever you want.

Not being able to downgrade online was one of my biggest complaints when I first got Dishnetwork back in July 2007.

yep it's pretty high on my complaint list right now. along with not being able to do dish'n it up online through chat. they said i would have to call india(well customer service) because they said i had to pay for the 722k at that time. i bought two of the new remotes when they came out a while back, i think it totaled like 50 something dollars and they just added it to my bill, but the 722k that is only 25 bucks more than that(75 for it to be shipped to me with dish'n it up) i would have to use a credit card. i guess dish has no clue about writing a web page that subscribers can go to and purchase equipment. they need to set up an e-commerce website. buy equipment, pay your bill, etc...

Yes Directv online services are way better then Dishnetworks
You can add anytime,order equipment too
And downgrade 1 time every 30 days from the time a service was added without a fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts