Online Ordering questions

Nebugeater

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
There is an add in the Sunday paper for Dish service and the WEB site to go to is DISHASAP.com. I have DISH and have had it for some time but a friend is looking at this and asked me what I thought. I assume this is a broker and not a direct offer from Dish. Can anyone confirm this or does anyone have any experience with them? What should someone watch out for in dealing this offer?

The offer basically starts with 80 Ch for 19.99 with an 18 month commitment. The 19.99 is for the first 10 months with a credit of 10.00 per month to get this. Equipment for up to four TV’s free movie package for first three months. Adder for locals I believe. Adder for DVR (it says for second DVR) so I assume from the ad that the first DVR receiver is included in the price and that is also what the phone rep said. Can pay an adder to up your programming level.

Once agian, any thoughts or experiance with this offer?

Last edited:
Dish does not offer DVD players to anyone. Sounds like flyers I have seen for years. If you want to help your friend, give him one of your Club Dish cards. If you do not have one, sign into your account on Dishnetwork.com and generate one for him.

Dish does not offer DVD players to anyone. Sounds like flyers I have seen for years. If you want to help your friend, give him one of your Club Dish cards. If you do not have one, sign into your account on Dishnetwork.com and generate one for him.

Sorry ran through a spell check and it chaged DVR to DVD

DishASAP.com is not Dish Network, they are a retailer with a website.

I agree with Gary, if both of you want to help your friend, and yourself give him a club dish card.

Actually even better then ClubDish is the new DishStore.NET referal program.

Check this out...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=86748

Scott, I appreciate your pointing out a sponsor (twice) but it does not get to the root of my question. In fact I have already passed DishStore.NET on the new customer before I even posted here.

The issue I am trying to find out though is if there is any personal experience here that says stay away from the vendor I mentioned. The situation is the friend has already call and set things in motion. Trying to get the information he needs to pull the plug before the install takes place if that is what he should do before it is too late.

Thanks for the help.

I just signed up for dish last month via the dish network web site. I got the same deal - a dish 322 ($5/month) AND a dish 622 ($5/month) (I have 4 TVs - these are dual tuner units). Locals were $5/month extra. They had the $100 off ($10/month) via mail in rebate. I passed on the movie channels (I know that I'll forget to cancel and they'll charge me major bucks before I catch it). I chose the 120 channels, so I'm not sure about the 80 channel deal, but it's probably the same.

I also scheduled the install and they sent a local reseller who did the actual install. The only problem I had was that the installer was really late, then didn't want to start the install claiming it would take too long and be dark while he was working on the roof. I rescheduled the install for 2 days later in the morning - these installers were from a different local re-seller and everything went smooth. They even called me after a month to make sure everything was working well.

I'd definately check the dish web site and see what offers they have before going with a local company.

To be honest I have never heard of the company. A lot of fly by night companies who buy these "certificates" from a TV Informercial, then they put up these websites and gve out these certificates.

They don't have any equipment inventory nor probably even know how to do an install. (I am not saying this is true of this company I dont know they, but for many it is true)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts