only 2 months left of subsciption tvro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lonewolf454

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
Georgia, US
We are down to two months left of subscription c-band television. Isn't it a shame it has come to this, but I guess the lamers have spoken.

I am totally amazed by the lack of enthusiasm to keep it going. I posted that I have source for 4play from Rod Hewitt and thought someone into programming would want to look at it - nothing.

It has been a long trip and if the W5 thing don't pan out to allow generics I guess I'll get directv, for two sets, dvr, and channels we're accustomed to, and its $4/mo cheaper than charlie bastard. (oops Dishnet)

I will keep my DCII box and dish up for itc/sports feeds.

December and January's gonna be interesting...

I didn't know that..

I am totally amazed by the lack of enthusiasm to keep it going. I posted that I have source for 4play from Rod Hewitt and thought someone into programming would want to look at it - nothing.
December and January's gonna be interesting...

What language is the 4play writ in? I used to was a programmer/analyst/sysadmin, and can do some stuff. What is needed to connect the 92X to a PC? I thought it was some weird connector that was discontinued.
tom

I think a lot of people have 4play already. I do and have taken a look at it. It is a bit dated as programs go. I read that someone here, I think, managed to contact Hewitt and it was said that he gave them the source code. There is a private section known as WUT, where coders are working on ways to open the 920s and922s up through PCs and then map them without outside help. I wish someone would give us an update regarding where this works stands at this time.

Hey Lonewolf send me a copy of the source code. I want to get a look at it and forward it to someone I know to look at. I think you still have my email address if not let me know and I'll PM it to you.

TVROPro, I think I still have your email at work, will look tomorrow, if so, I'll send it on.

-All I ask is if someone can give me the correct places in memory for NVRAM, etc it would really help. I have fiddled with the recommended 800000-83FFFF and it yields screwy results,

What we really need is to back our maps up, i.e. the generics. If someone can come up with this between now and then (end of December) I'll try it and see what happens.

I havent had time to mess with it much, I have been swamped with work lately, have 2 kids birthdays in next two months, taxes, Christmas, and this crap happening because of the unholy alliance of Mountford/Ergan.:mad:

Oh, the cable is a BDM to USB (or legacy LPT if you have that) cable can be bought or made, info is available via google. USB2JTAG USBBDM, etc etc. (922 has header inside.)

TVROPro, I think I still have your email at work, will look tomorrow, if so, I'll send it on.

-All I ask is if someone can give me the correct places in memory for NVRAM, etc it would really help. I have fiddled with the recommended 800000-83FFFF and it yields screwy results,

What we really need is to back our maps up, i.e. the generics. If someone can come up with this between now and then (end of December) I'll try it and see what happens.

I havent had time to mess with it much, I have been swamped with work lately, have 2 kids birthdays in next two months, taxes, Christmas, and this crap happening because of the unholy alliance of Mountford/Ergan.:mad:

Oh, the cable is a BDM to USB (or legacy LPT if you have that) cable can be bought or made, info is available via google. USB2JTAG USBBDM, etc etc. (922 has header inside.)

Ok let me know if not I'll PM it to you. I've been busy lately with work and things in general too so I know how it is. Heck I have loose ends around the house from summer that still needs attention. The current channel maps archived is a good idea, we can always modify the database later to add entries as long as we have something to go by.

Don't worry NPS and Dish will get what's coming to them.. What comes around goes around. I hope Mountford falls short of his 50% turnover deal he made with Ergan to convert c banders. That will put the screws to Mike's future plans. I'm sure getting the word out here at Sat Guys has slowed his ultimate goal down some. I wish Sky/SRL would use the 4D's mailbox already and let the uninformed public know. Those NPS lie letters sent out are all some know. :mad:

Anyway let me know, Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)