Only get signal on Sat input #1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ICBM99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 30, 2008
West Texas
A friend of ours who recently signed up with dish, has moved from her old place to a new one. The new place has a older dish 500, and I think a SW21.

She has a newer 2 tuner DVR ( model #625), and I tired hooking it up to the older dish. The dish has 2 leads coming out of the LNB's (2) that go to the SW21, then I ran a single RG6 to the splitter in the DVR. I ran check switch, and it only picks up signals on one tuner.

I have a feeling it is because of the older LNB's and switch combo, but figured I'd ask here also.

Is there a way to get the dual tuners working with this setup?

TIA

The dual rcvrs don't have a splitter with them, but something called a separator. The separator only works with DPP LNBFs. The separator allows the single feed down from the LNBF to be separated into two feeds for the rcvr.

If you want to use legacy LNBFs, then you need to have separate lines for both inputs in the back of the rcvr.

Thanks for the heads up. I figured it wouldn't work with the older equipment. I might still have my old dish 500 plus in storage somewhere, would that work? Or should I just tell her she's SOL. ;D

The big thing is the LNBF. If you have a DPPTwin, then it will work w/ the separator. If you are using a DPTwin, then you will need to run 2 cables for both inputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts