only hd channels

On the welcome card I received from Dish when I signed up it showed Nick@Nite (170) as HD. I'm not getting it with Turbo HD? Anyone?
TurboHD doesn't include all the HD channels. You won't get Nick, VH1, MTV, FOX News, FOX Business News, Speed, FX, and a couple other channels. There is not 100% parity between the HD channels available on top of the 100/200/250 packages and the HD channels available in the TurboHD packs.

Also, on the welcome card it states right above "Platinum HD" package "available with any HD package (excludes premium movie packages.) You receiving these?
With TurboHD you have to pay an extra $10 to get the Platinum HD channels, and you have to find a CSR with the right codes to add them to your account. With the 100/200/250 packages if you add the $10 HD programming option you get the Platinum HD channels included.

I wonder if any one removed sd reciver switched to turbo hd and added it back
I suspect this wouldn't work. There are most likely rules in the billing / provisioning system that would prevent you from doing this.

This pricing is wrong, but here are the packages (missing some of the Viacom channels that were added like Comedy Central, Spike, and CMT):

thd_bronze.jpg

thd_silver.jpg

thd_gold.jpg

Again, these packages do NOT contain all the HD channels, but can still be a good deal if they have the channels you want.

espaeth,

Thanks for the answers.

I wonder in the future, if any additions will be made to these packages...

This pricing is wrong, but here are the packages (missing some of the Viacom channels that were added like Comedy Central, Spike, and CMT):

thd_bronze.jpg

thd_silver.jpg

thd_gold.jpg

Again, these packages do NOT contain all the HD channels, but can still be a good deal if they have the channels you want.

is there a list that specifically states what channels ARENT in the list that is on top 100?

is there a list that specifically states what channels ARENT in the list that is on top 100?
Use the forum search. There are no fewer than 50-60 topics of people detailing / complaining about the HD channels that aren't in the TurboHD packages.

The only additions from the channel lists above are Comedy Central, Spike, and CMT.

If you sign up for these packages expecting Dish to add channels to them, you will be very disappointed. Dish will continue to add new HD channels over the year, but I wouldn't be surprised if 0 of them make it into the TurboHD packages.

These subscription packages are cheaper for a reason.

Be aware that for new customers you WILL lose your $15 credit/ 12 months. I found this out and just called to revert back to Silver 200 and they said they would take care of it.

Anyone ever heard of Dish booting you for making too many changes? :) I've made three changes in 2 months since coming back. I apologized but she said she would take care of it all.

In closing however, I'm super impressed with customer service. They seem to have made a leaps and bounds improvement since I last had Dish 3-4 years ago.

Just beware, your promo may not show up any longer if you go Turbo.

I am thinking about moving to this package from AEP and have a couple of questions.

1. Do the SiriusXM channels come with the TurboHD packages?
2. Because I have AEP, I don't pay DVR fees. If I get TurboHD Gold with the premium channels, will I have to pay for my two DVRs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz
2. Because I have AEP, I don't pay DVR fees. If I get TurboHD Gold with the premium channels, will I have to pay for my two DVRs?
No.

Yes, however, you'd have to anyway under the pricing changes coming up on 2/1.

This means that for the moment, the difference in price is a wash. I haven't figured what my price difference will be after the change.

When I was on the phone with a Dish rep., she offered to upgrade my 522 to a 722 for a 24 month commitment. When I asked if I would get a 24-month commitment from them on price, I was told no. Apparently, unlike cell companies, the commitment is only one way.

Thanks for the information.

Currently TurboHD Bronze/Silver/Gold. On 2/1 will be Dish America Bronze/Silver/Gold.

Dish's Marketing dept is nuts. This Dish America name makes no sense at all. They should leave it as TurboHD. Customer's are going to be quite confused btwn the America's Top xxx and Dish America xxx. Very bad idea to have the word 'America' in both of these.

Yes. The only difference is the locals aren't broken out as a separate line item starting 2/1

So it's:

Dish America (Formerly Dish Bronze): $34.99
Dish America Silver: $44.99
Dish America Gold: $54.99

I have tried to read through the pricing and update threads, and couldn't make sense of it.

My package is just the TurboHD Bronze + single 722k so I pay the $29.99 + DVR access, I currently don't have the locals, so would 2/1 bring a pricing change or free locals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)