Only Satellite 129?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I seemed to have lost some satellites today! This morning before I went to work, I had satellites 110, 119, 129 and everything worked fine. This afternoon I only have satellite 129. The weather is perfect outside, not a cloud in the sky. What could have happened?

I went on my deck to see if the dish was off (I installed and pointed my own dish) and this is the first time in a while that I have had any issues. Just really random that I would only have satellite 129. I have run a check switch, reset the receiver, and I still am only finding 129.

When I run the test and look at installation summary details, it says "Removed duplicate 129 satellite on port 2", "Removed duplicate 129 satellite on port 1", "Removed duplicate 129 satellite on port 4." So it seems to think 129 is everywhere.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be? Do I just need to do a re-point and re-tighten the dish?

IMG_0037.jpgIMG_0038.jpg

Chances are the dish needs to be repointed. When it says "conn" where the satellite number should be, that means it is connected properly, but it is not receiving any signal from that LNB

One additional thing - when I run the checkswitch a second time, it now shows 129 on Port 2 instead of Port 3. Exact same info everywhere except for now 129 is on port 2 instead of 3.

Chances are the dish needs to be repointed. When it says "conn" where the satellite number should be, that means it is connected properly, but it is not receiving any signal from that LNB
Thanks Matt. That is good to know. I was hoping it was something as simple as a re-point. You are fast!!!!

Have you tried unplugging the AC power? Your problem may be as simple as resetting a receiver that suffered an electrical glitch.

Have you tried unplugging the AC power? Your problem may be as simple as resetting a receiver that suffered an electrical glitch.

That is what I thought it was at first. I unplugged it but got the same result. Then I checked my second receiver and that receiver also only had 129.

I went up to the deck and a screw for the skew was loose, so my skew was slightly off. I re-aligned the skew back to what it should have been (I have some permanent marker marks where it should be) and now I am getting all 3 satellites again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts