oops!

stoc1173

Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
New Mexico
Hi all. I'm a new guy to this site. This weekend I blew it (I think). After 3 yrs of The Dish I thought I'd leave for greener pastures. There are so many great sign-up deals being advertised. I was thinking, "why should I be paying more as an out of contract subscriber than a new subscriber with HD for life, etc?" Furthermore I was not aware of the benefits of hooking internet to my 722 and getting Dish-online

To make a long story short, I want back now. But I still don't think I should have to pay more than a newbie.

Help, please

Hi all. I'm a new guy to this site. This weekend I blew it (I think). After 3 yrs of The Dish I thought I'd leave for greener pastures. There are so many great sign-up deals being advertised. I was thinking, "why should I be paying more as an out of contract subscriber than a new subscriber with HD for life, etc?" Furthermore I was not aware of the benefits of hooking internet to my 722 and getting Dish-online

To make a long story short, I want back now. But I still don't think I should have to pay more than a newbie.

Help, please

How long have you been gone from Dishnetwork?:confused:

While dish online is ok, it's no match from D* or Comcast. Both provide way better vod experiences than Dish online. If your with any of these providers and havent hooked up your reciver to the internet (comcast you dont have to) check it out.

With dish you have to look 3 diffrent places to find your movies, and then its totally not easy to navigate.

While dish online is ok, it's no match from D* or Comcast. Both provide way better vod experiences than Dish online.
That is about to change... :) I have seen DISH Networks upcoming VOD upgrade and I must say its going to give DIRECTV's VOD setup a run for its money. (Up until this point I always have said DIRECTV's VOD layout was the best.) Thats all I can say about this at this moment...STAY TUNED...

Well, I did explore Direct TV on-line options. Unless I did something wrong, and I'm pretty savvy. Movies as far back as Beverly Hills Cop were $2.99 and little else was free. The past TV episodes offered were abysmal. I saw little there of interest and most of it cost.

Well, I did explore Direct TV on-line options. Unless I did something wrong, and I'm pretty savvy. Movies as far back as Beverly Hills Cop were $2.99 and little else was free. The past TV episodes offered were abysmal. I saw little there of interest and most of it cost.

DishOnline's layout sucks. The content is hit or miss. However, scrolling through 2200+ options to find something I may or may not want to watch then wait to download doesn't strike me as enticing.

Others may disagree. Also, I was disappointed that there were no HD adult options. No way will I pay for SD VOD/PPV, anymore.

Do you live alone or with someone else? You can just sign-up in their name (wife/husband, roommate, etc) and get the same deal as a new sub.

Help, please

If you still have the equipment, then just call Dish and reactivate your account. If you have sent your stuff back already, then you are going to have to wait three months (assuming you left in good standing, all bills paid, etc) and then you can sign back up under Former DHA-24 which means you will be required to sign a 24 month commitment.

That is about to change... :) I have seen DISH Networks upcoming VOD upgrade and I must say its going to give DIRECTV's VOD setup a run for its money. (Up until this point I always have said DIRECTV's VOD layout was the best.) Thats all I can say about this at this moment...STAY TUNED...

Scott please tell all. New download Wednesday? Now did I start a hornet nest? Will the upgrade be soon? Is this new void in the next year?

Ps I can wait as I hardly use dish on line vod:angel::angel:

I reconnected broadband to my receiver just this weekend to see what may have changed. It's still the same right now and still BLOWS. I disconnected broadband again as I NEVER do PPV and the remote control feature is so unpredictable that it's useless. I can't wait for a REAL VOD service from Dish.

See ya
Tony

Then why not leave it hooked up Tony?

It actually is a lot better than it was. Still nothing like cable, but better. Lots more free stuff. The problem is finding it! Hopefully they are addressing that (as noted by Scott).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)