Open Letter To Senator Boxer Regarding Dish Network & V-Chip Technology

Folks from where I sit, first off all TV's are required to have built in V-Chip technology.

Maybe I am missing something here but why require satellite companies to build in the same technology? Why pay twice for what you should already have.

In addition DirecTV and Dish Network (and AT&T Uverse and others) all have tremendous parental control features in them.

For all of these things to work though the parents need to TURN THEM ON.

I am so sick of folks whining that what I ultimately feel is their poor parenting skills. They expect the cable and satellite companies to be babysitters for their kids. Some of them love to complaing about things but don't use the technology they have and dont want to take the time to learn how these things work.

I think we should all email Senator Boxer and ask him if he has better things to worry about instead of trying to add another useless technology that most folks will never take the time to learn or turn on. Take a look at the price of gas, take a look at whats going on in IRAN and IRAQ. There are more important things out there to worry about and that our senators should be working on instead of adding another useless lock when there are already locks in place which many do not use.

The OP took exception and rightly so to some of the feedback.
But the general consensus is that a majority of the population is just sick of high maintanence individuals who always seem to have issues....