Open Post to Dish Network

Iceberg,

thanks that was useful information. I am dropping all premium channels. Staying with Top 180 with locals + Dish Latino Dos + HD Pack. When the dust settles on the D* rumors, I am going to evaluate these options again and if D* comes through on the HD channels, I am saying goobye to Charlie. I am going to put my 721 up for sale this week. Hopefully, I can get some money out of it. I think I gave a fair chance already to E* to come up with a plan but there's no plan with E*. I was so excited last year when the Super-Dish was announced and it all became useless very quickly. I really hope that D* version's of the Super-Dish does not become like E*. Thanks guys.

MikeD-C05 said:
Dish is going to follow what ever Directv does in hd programming. I talked to a source at Dish the other day and he said that very thing. He also said that Dish is going to let Directv lead the battle on Hd networks like NBC ABC and FOX for once.

Perhaps Charlie needs to start calling Dish the "HD Follower" during the next Charlie Chat. "HD Leader" doesn't quite have the same level of accuracy.

Charles Lapple said:
Anyone that doesn't understand promotions, to get new customers, is also stupid enough to inflict politics into this forum!
:shh

So am I stupid for wanting the same deal that others get or am I stupid for having a political signature?

Direct TV gave their current subscribers the deal, why not Dish?

I guess I am just too stupid to figure it out. I guess since Mr Lapple is the brains behind the satellite business, I will just have to PM him everytime I want to make a post - wait a minute, I might be to stupid to figure out how to PM. Mr Lapple, can you tell me how to PM so I can have your expert opinion before I make myself look stupid again?

GaryPen said:
Perhaps Charlie needs to start calling Dish the "HD Follower" during the next Charlie Chat. "HD Leader" doesn't quite have the same level of accuracy.
He only says that at the Conference calls, Why would he want to tell his customers that "We're following the leader" The True HD/Compelling content is much more believable anyways... :D

korsjs said:
So am I stupid for wanting the same deal that others get or am I stupid for having a political signature?

Direct TV gave their current subscribers the deal, why not Dish?

I plan on turning off the hd channels on the 8/31/04 and then resubscribing to them on Sept 1 and get the 6 month for free. Yeah it will cost me 5.00 bucks but I will gain 54.94( 59.94-5.00) in free hd pack for 6 months.

There is always a way around any obstacle. If you wait till late at night around 10 or 11 o'clock on the 31 st and turn it off and then turn it back on in the morning of Sept. 1 st , you won't miss much in hd programming and you will get the discount. :yes

The guy that sits next to me at work is REALLY sorry that he paid for a year in advance, he wants to switch from E* but has to wait another four months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)