Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
If you're itching for new menu graphics, the latest version from Skybox at http://www.wydvb.com/UploadFiles/HDS2_SKYBOX S10(20111207).rar seems to be working fine on my S9. (I haven't tested the Openbox S10 version; I saw a note on another forum that the Skybox version worked so I tried it.)

As usual, backup your satellite list first, be prepared to get it out of 1080i/50 mode if you can't view that, and as always, this upgrade is at your own risk.

For some reason, they've hidden the network access. If you want it, you can enable it by pressing "6666" on the remote when you have the main menu up.

There's one other thing about this version which bothers me: they've completely changed the Edit Channel screen. I can no longer see a way to sort channels, only move them individually. Also, if you want to delete channels, it appears that you can only delete one at a time, not select a batch of them and then delete. And on top of all that, I can't find any way to edit radio channels at all! I can't imagine why they changed the editing functions so much.

Finally, it doesn't fix the problem with the "moving motor" message staying on the screen after it's stopped moving, nor does it fix the problem with sometimes going into the all satellite channel list rather than the satellite-specific channel list after a scan.

Last edited:
For some reason, they've hidden the network access. If you want it, you can enable it by pressing "6666" on the remote when you have the main menu up.
That's good to know.I have seen a few versions of firmware that had no network tab.Some were listed as american version.
I have also seen s10 firmware that was actually s9 firmware(vertical menu instead of across the top)

I tried that one and am back to 101111. I didn't like the way the channel list worked. Also with the channel list up you can't get a sat list. You have to cancel all the way out and then hit sat list. I like to browse a channel list on a sat. Then hit sat list or the green button and move on to another sat on the fly. I mean not a big thing but I like it, and since that new this version of the software fixes no bugs that I have I went back.

I tried this latest firmware version for my S10, and went back to the 101111 version. It is less buggy for me.

The latest version would show my box as a clone when the press 8888 on system info screen trick was performed. The 101111 version shows it as genuine. ???

i don't think i have tryed the 101111 firmware. i have tried others and always went back to the 110321 which is stable for me on my 09. i don't see 101111 firmware on the downloads here. will check with sadoun for it but i think i have all the firmwares on sadoun downloaded already. right now i am working on my windows media player because it crashes everytime i try to view the videos from the firmware, and also other videos from other sources. have windows 7 ultimate installed so need to try windows xp sp4 to check if video is still crashing. i see the 110321 firmware records a ts file. i did record a hd file from the foodball game on 99w last night and it recorded and played back fine with no problems with the firmware. one thing that i find in recording that the first time i try to play back the video, the s9 reboots before i can play it back. charlie

record n watch

dec 2 firmware,which actually says 11-27-2011 on the info screen.
record one channel while watching another.
Start recording then hit the ok button on remote.
It will come up with a list of channels on the same transponder you can watch while recording the previous channel.You are limited to watching/recording on the same tp,since the receiver only has 1 tuner.

couldnt you do that before? (record and watch one)?

The Manhattan can record two programs and watch one on same TP :)

I first heard of it back when I saw a video on youtube but dismissed it as bogus.
The guy never mentioned it had to be a channel on the same tp.
It may have been possible since day 1 but kept secret.

110321 firmware records a ts file. i did record a hd file from the foodball game on 99w last night and it recorded and played back fine with no problems with the firmware. one thing that i find in recording that the first time i try to play back the video, the s9 reboots before i can play it back. charlie
That is strange,because I recorded with the 4-4-2011 firmware and it saved as .dvr files for both sd and hd recording.
I had to convert to .ts to view on the pc.

i guess i meant to say it said 'ts' when it was recording. i think it still ended up a dvr file. i have not been able to convert or view files with any firmware. i think i have a problem with my microsoft video. need to get time and try winxp 9vitual pc). charlie

I don't know about 4:2:2, as I use VLC for everything, but other .ts files play with Windows Media Player in Windows 7 "out of the box", i.e. no additional codecs needed. Note, Media Player. I've never, ever, used Media Center for anything, so I have no idea if it does the same.

I don't believe Windows XP can play .ts files by itself.

I don't quite understand whether Chas was trying to play .dvr files from the receiver in Windows without converting them, but if so, don't do that. They're not the same file as what Microsoft calls a .dvr file.

The procedure to convert a .dvr file to a .ts file has been posted here before.

only the old s9 saved it as .dvr,I was just trying to get some firmware that would record hd.
From the looks of it any firmware for the s10 before june was actually s9 firmware.

...they've hidden the network access. If you want it, you can enable it by pressing "6666" on the remote when you have the main menu up.
This is good to know; "6666" works, though I don't know what a legitimate FTA user can do with Network access.

There's one other thing about this version which bothers me: they've completely changed the Edit Channel screen. I can no longer see a way to sort channels, only move them individually. Also, if you want to delete channels, it appears that you can only delete one at a time, not select a batch of them and then delete. And on top of all that, I can't find any way to edit radio channels at all! I can't imagine why they changed the editing functions so much.
Using the green Option button, you can select more than one channel, allowing multi-channel moves or deletes with one action. How to edit radio? There must be a way.

There's a program that lets you upload and download configuration files, including the satellite/transponder/channel list, over the network. You can even upload firmware with it. Here's a link to download it from a neutral site: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6uGdAg&usg=AFQjCNFUlQ2sbYuvdLhohiO1UXKi4Vgfnw

It's fairly obvious how to use it. Hint: if you want to upload firmware, it MUST be named "image.abs".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)