Channel Master FIle question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bart2brett

Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Waterloo, NY
I have a Sonicview HD-8000 connected through a DiSEqC 4 port switch to a BUD (C & Ku) and driven by a V3000 Gbox mover. This setup works fine when I scan for signals until I load a particular channel master file. Now the Gbox and the receiver are not talking. What is it about the file that might cause that?

Bart,

Probably the reason is that the channel list was compiled for a different location and a different system setup.

You really and truly cannot swap channel lists unless it is with your neighbor across the street and only if he or she has the exact same system setup as you do.

This is the reason that I don't like to share channel lists with others and why I recommend doing it all yourself. It is more work, but it is the best method.

RADAR

Last edited:
You will have to analyze all the switch parameters and port assignments for one. Then the geographic coordinates if using USALS.

Satellite, transponder and channel information should all be identical, leave that alone.

Check your antenna setup parameters, switch parameters and motor setup parameters.

Ensure that the other list matches your system setup in these regards, then you can play ball.

RADAR

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts