Openbox S10 where should I buy it from?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We know where not to buy anything from now. That is very odd. They don't want sales. Safe to assume no discount for being a Satelliteguys member. lol

Fridge is connected with a certain fellow in Missouri that is helping to destroy the hobby by posting feeds where google can index them. They don't like the way we (or Scott) does things, so we're all scum.

Right back at 'em.

I DO wish one of our sponsors would carry the Openbox though.

Fridge is connected with a certain fellow in Missouri that is helping to destroy the hobby by posting feeds where google can index them. They don't like the way we (or Scott) does things, so we're all scum.

Right back at 'em.

I DO wish one of our sponsors would carry the Openbox though.
Me, too .. Closest thing to it is Sadoun, in Columbus, Ohio. I think he only has the S9 though ( which I'd prefer over the S10).

Thats the thing he don't get there. (and I said it earlier here in this very thread) and that is I don't agree with the way Rick runs his site just because I don't like that the feeds are open and are grabbed by the search bots which then can (and has) led for feeds getting scrambled. Other then that I think its an excellent site with a lot of great information.

And if you do a search here you will find I have actually recommened people buy from Ricks because he was the only one that carried the product they were looking for.

If I can speak honestly, Sometimes I feel trapped at my own site as Iceberg and I talked a few years ago about making the Whats Up There Forums open and available to all registered members (meaning people who are not logged in cant see the area and feeds) and we actually put this plan into place for which we got a LOT of feedback from members upset that we did this and so 24 hours after making the change we changed it back to what it is now. Personally I feel that what we do now is overkill considering 99% of the feeds posted in our Whats Up There Section are posted at Ricks. I wanted to get more traffic and feeds in our Whats up There areas and wanted to take steps to protect them from the bots. But in the end, I run this site for YOU GUYS AND GALS so I listened to your feedback and set it to the way you requested it.

It is an interesting topic to say the least. And I am open to hearing your feedback and making decissions based on your feedback. Please find me another site that does that. I will be the first to admit we operate differently then any other forum out there, but it is my feeling it is one the reasons why we are America's #1 / Most popular Satellite Information forums. :)

Thanks alot for this site Scott. I visit all of the other forums, DBS, LegalFTA, Ricks, but none of them are "home." SatelliteGuys is like being at home. You can post the truth and find out the truth about any topic be it FTA or DBS. Plus, the members here are the most knowledgeable and helpful out there. I apprecaite all of the help that I get from here. Thanks to you for the great site and to everyone for the input, help, and suggestions that I receive.

They don't always need to use a search bot to find out about feeds being posted as just listening to Sattalk Wednesday night will give them all the new information they need as a regular caller (won't mention a name) was on the air and talking about new channels in the open. Talk about dumb!

Last edited:
I know who you are talking about. He was telling about the feeds on G17. I don't know why people feel the need to do that.

I just understand why they really care anymore about the FTA community watching the wild feeds. It's not like it is that large of a group of people. Let us face it FTA is a fairly small group of people. It's not like in the old days of C-band when there were large groups of people doing it.

"Property Rights" & maybe, "Greed" . :)
Property Rights !
I have 4 neighbors , who between them control about 80 acres of forest . They have joined together
to maintain a network of walking trails linking their properties, and encourage others to take advantage
of the forested trails. Lots of deer, turkeys, squirrels , etc make it a great place to walk the dog
and let them stretch out those legs. :)
I have two other neighbors who control about 300 acres of forested land, and they vigorously defend their
property against trespassers. Nobody is welcome, and these 2 neighbors even dislike the fact that other
neighbors open up their trails to the locals.
Who is right, who is wrong ? Just different people having different attitudes.

Last edited:
I have bought quite a bit of stuff from HyperMegasat. Had a minor issue once and they took care of it promptly and without drama. Would buy from them again.

I just understand why they really care anymore about the FTA community watching the wild feeds. It's not like it is that large of a group of people. Let us face it FTA is a fairly small group of people. It's not like in the old days of C-band when there were large groups of people doing it.
Its not the uplinkers who care. Its the bean counters who care. There are a number of documented cases where a google bot captures information of a feed from Ricks site and then immediately sends a google alert out with that information.

So if your a bean counter out there and your show is (insert sport name here) and find out that people are watching you feed (without commercials) this upsets them and they want the feeds scrambled.

I have bought quite a bit of stuff from HyperMegasat. Had a minor issue once and they took care of it promptly and without drama. Would buy from them again.
I ordered from them as well, and within 10 minutes I had a tracking number in my inbox... two days later my package arrived. Can't ask for better then that.

I will never purchase another product from FridgeFTA again and I hope many of our members do the same. I too prefer HyperMegaSat and will be sending all my future orders to them as well as our gold sponsors.

Its not the uplinkers who care. Its the bean counters who care. There are a number of documented cases where a google bot captures information of a feed from Ricks site and then immediately sends a google alert out with that information.

So if your a bean counter out there and your show is (insert sport name here) and find out that people are watching you feed (without commercials) this upsets them and they want the feeds scrambled.

What really get's me is that the shows don't make the money for them, it's all the advertising that pays the bill's for them. It's the same with newspapers and your local TV stations. So you'd think that they would want their product seen by all the people that they could reach regardless how people see it.

What really get's me is that the shows don't make the money for them, it's all the advertising that pays the bill's for them. It's the same with newspapers and your local TV stations. So you'd think that they would want their product seen by all the people that they could reach regardless how people see it.
You not showing up in their ratings books, and thats how they make their money from the advertisers.

Always remember... follow the money trail. :D

I found this forum looking for just a no BS forum that enjoys to hobby of FTA. Being new and discouraged in the past from reading other crap forums on "wink wink FTA", I found this forum to be honest and straight forward. I agree this is a dwindling hobby... My other hobby of ham radio is similar, with other methods of communication... lots of people just figure why bother. Just my two cents...

Like I said I'm new to the hobby and our members helped narrow down what I need to start. One of the thing is a good receiver and I think I've settled on the OpenBox S10. Obviously this thread is Openbox biased... So the question is... "Where should I buy it from?" I was about to hit the buy button on FridgeFTA because they install the latest media codec / player... Is this something I should be concerned with or can a network engineer (my day job) handle this task? and are the resources available?

I found this forum looking for just a no BS forum that enjoys to hobby of FTA. Being new and discouraged in the past from reading other crap forums on "wink wink FTA", I found this forum to be honest and straight forward. I agree this is a dwindling hobby... My other hobby of ham radio is similar, with other methods of communication... lots of people just figure why bother. Just my two cents...

Like I said I'm new to the hobby and our members helped narrow down what I need to start. One of the thing is a good receiver and I think I've settled on the OpenBox S10. Obviously this thread is Openbox biased... So the question is... "Where should I buy it from?" I was about to hit the buy button on FridgeFTA because they install the latest media codec / player... Is this something I should be concerned with or can a network engineer (my day job) handle this task? and are the resources available?
I think you can handle dnld updates via USB stick.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts