Openbox S10 with Microyal H2H motor?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigfatdaddy

Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
near Erin, Ontario
I am new here but using FTA for about 4 years as a hobby/interest.

My new S10 seems to work fine. I updated to Aug 30 2011 firmware. A problem when it tries to run the Microyal motor, then it reboots. The motor just begins to start and it stops. As if there is a burst of power then S10 abruptly stops. I test the Microyal on my old Pansat 2500A and it works fine. Cables are good.

With the new firmware I have default settings of satellites on the side of world from here (I am near Toronto, 80W). I am sure I will find the answer here.

Thank you

George

I'm having a similar issue but with the s10 on a sg2100 motor (see post below). Can't move the dish without unit rebooting. I have found if I turn the LNB off I can move the dish, can you confirm the same?

Did you buy your s10 at retail locally? I got mine next door to Pearson. There seem to be a dozen or more manufacturers of the s10 so if we have the same unit, may explain similar issues. I'm on the 2011/10/10 firmware so that would not seem to be the issue.

I am still having trouble running the Microyal H2H motor with the S10. I notice that the Moteck 2100 looks an awful lot like a Microyal H2H. I wonder if they are the same motor?

An update:

I disconnected my LNBF from the motor and the motor runs fine. The very first time running on the S10. I reconnect the LNBF to the motor and S10 reboots when the motor starts to run. I turn off power to the LNBF in the Tools menu under LNBF Power and the motor does not run. Why would you want to turn off LNBF power anyway I'm wondering? This Microyal motor and the same LNBF both work on my older Pansat 2500A.

So I took the cover off the S10: the wires from the 12V connector on the back run into it's power supply. Nothing to do with SPDIF on this connector. I monitor the voltage on this connector and try the motor again with LNBF power ON. The voltage is normally 12.5 volts but dives as the motor starts to run and the S10 reboots. I get out a small external regulated DC power supply and connect just less than 12.5 volts onto this connector. The voltage does not drop at the connector now but S10 still reboots. Very strange.

While I was at the vendor with my S10, they reloaded the software to 2011-10-10 with the north american satellite list so this is the newest I've had but still no joy on the rebooting issue. The vendor is WorldWideSatellites.com (GTA Electronics on Torbram). So far I am not very impressed with their interest in my problem.

We have the same box from the same retailer and the same firmware (updated on Monday). I am also not impressed.

I thnk its simply a power supply issue so will try to add power to the line and see if that resolves it. As I noted in another thread (forget if here or the other site), I tried a second S10 and resolved the rebooting but still have power related motor issues (lose lnb when move dish). A ? x 2 diseq and my old VS may be a quick answer to get more power into the line.

I don't deal with world wide satellites anymore. I've had nothing but problems with them. I bought a S10 receiver from them that already had satellites selected in the menue. The receiver wouldn't blind scan or scan presets. When I questioned them through e-mail they just said we don't sell used equipment. When I question them on how come this had satellites already selected I never got a responce. They did however tell me the receiver probably needed a new fireware hit but never gave any information where to go to get this.

If you want to try other firmware you can go to wydvb.com click on download you will find firmware there.

I have a S9 and S10. I dumped the firmware from my S9 and installed it in my S10 and it worked fine. The version I am using is CHDS2-11-05-05:08BCCMT.

Good Luck

Agree. I am going to look for a "power inserter" like the Holland Electronics PS-10.

I ordered a pair of PS-10s today online from a Michigan supplier. Costs way more for international shipping than the parts cost but couldn't find a local source. Should be quick delivery and then I can see if power is the issue or if the s10 is just a limited use box not suitable for everyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)