openbox s9 firmware june 21 2011

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I thought that the new GeoSatPro receiver was going to do 4:2:2... Maybe not a deal-breaker, but I'll have to see what else it does or doesn't do compared to the AZbox. I want to be able to access my recordings over a network, for example.

I think more folks would prefer a receiver that does HD (both MPEG2 & MPEG4) & DVB S-2 over a 4:2:2 option. With most of the sports feeds that were 4:2:2 going HD and being 4:2:0 the need for 4:2:2 is getting less and less

With most of the sports feeds that were 4:2:2 going HD and being 4:2:0 the need for 4:2:2 is getting less and less

Most of my buddies work the trucks are saying the same. They are using 4:2:2 much less and usually only in situations where there are legacy downlinks without MPEG4 decoders. They suggest that within a few years they wont be using it at all.

to bring the original subject back on track :) i like the new firmware because it fixed the studering on Reelz channel. and the picture quality seemed to have improved for me.
I tried a june 17th firmware but i was locked out of the sat list and the rest of the menu so i trashed that one real quick.

Am I correct in assuming that none of the updates have corrected the clock/timer issue? I have recently run into a very interesting issue with the s9 clock. To the best of my knowledge, the clock on the front panel has never worked, and the timer would only record one event, then shut down, dumping the time setting as it did. Each use of the timer requires a reset of local time. I think this is a common problem. I recently installed a powered hdmi splitter on my s9, and here is where the interesting part comes. After the timer recording ended, the clock on the front of the receiver showed the correct time!! But there is of course an issue associated with this. Now, the receiver can not be turned back on, or completely off for that matter. Even flipping the master switch on the back of the receiver changed nothing. The receiver still showed the correct time, but would not turn on. Apparently the receiver was receiving power from the powered hdmi splitter for when I unplugged this, the receiver's clock died. This receiver has several things that I wish could be fixed, but I only use it on one satellite and for the price, I do not complain, but the clock/timer problem is a biggy to me because I use this a lot.

Mine, which is a Solomend rather than an Openbox, would be "on" in off mode (except that there was no power going to the LNB, but everything else worked) when I had it connected to a hard drive with its own power supply. It worked fine when disconnected from the drive. Eventually I found a drive that used sufficiently little power that it didn't need its own supply. I never saw anyone else report this problem though, so maybe the drive had something to do with it too.

Very interesting. This morning I had the same as the night before and I decided to to a little checking. I found that the power supply for the hdmi splitter would completely power the receiver, similar to yours except the hdmi port, and vice versa. I disconnected the power to the hdmi splitter and the receiver is normal (no clock) and the hdmi splitter works, apparently being powered over the hdmi connection from the receiver. Looks like a poor design to me, don't think they should be sharing power over the hdmi cable.

I don't remember the clock lighting up on mine, but it's been a long time since I tried it.

Strictly in the interest of accuracy, the time on the box doesn't get reset when it shuts down, it gets reset when it boots.

Can anyone tell me if my openbox S9 is a Clone? I press 777777 and the CCID is 0202
the version is HDS2-11-03-21:01A2M. and I need a firmware for that please help me . thank you

Can anyone tell me if my openbox S9 is a Clone? I press 777777 and the CCID is 0202
the version is HDS2-11-03-21:01A2M. and I need a firmware for that please help me . thank you

What you really need to do is load the 7/17 Skyvision version which is called 7/19 but when loaded is 7/17 and all your problems will go away

where can I get the 7/17 from? Can you please send me a link to it. Do you think that it will bring back the ccam? will it restore the firmware that it came with? Because for some reason my ccam or disappeared from the box's menu. Thank you.

where can I get the 7/17 from? Can you please send me a link to it. Do you think that it will bring back the ccam? will it restore the firmware that it came with? Because for some reason my ccam or disappeared from the box's menu. Thank you.

Make sure you make a TP_prog dump backup copy of you sats/TPs and channels before loading any new firmware:
openbox_s9_cmt_110717.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

What do you use ccam for?
CCam is for internet access and/or entering of not legal keys to see certains encrypted channels which is NOT supported in this forum.

Thank you so much Carlospr43. The firmware worked for me:) Now my question is how can I upload the new satellites for america without losing the new firmware? Should I use dump or upgrade? I'm a novice at this so I'm not sure how to go about it. Thank you again for all your help.

Thank you so much Carlospr43. The firmware worked for me:) Now my question is how can I upload the new satellites for america without losing the new firmware? Should I use dump or upgrade? I'm a novice at this so I'm not sure how to go about it. Thank you again for all your help.

You need to load your TP_PROG dump back up back to the box. Loading only the TP_prog will only update the sat list/channels and TPs without changing the firmware. Insert the USB with your back u in the box:

Menu/ Tools/ Upgrade By USB/ Right Arrow to change to MISC Files/Arrow down to SELECT & Upgrade/ A Pop Up Screen will show/ OK on number 1 TP_PROG(make sure a checkmark is on)/ Hit Yellow boton to Upgrade. Once it finish go Exit twice. Turn Off then ON on the rear switch. You're done!

Now everything is better than before, and now is the way it should be with the channel list and firmware, thanks Carlospr43 for your information and help.I appreciate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)