Openbox s9 Firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.

derint

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Okay I just got the Openbox s9 but every firmware I tried to put is said to be invalid File . Even the skywalk .abs file. Can someone please post the lastest file and How to load it?

I would suggest leaving the software as is for now. None of the recent releases improve any concerns we have here in North America. But stay tuned, the guys are working on it.

You can edit the active sat list from the remote , by selecting or deselecting birds. You can also add or delete sats via the remote. You can use the channel editor, then reload the corrected list.
What sort of changes do you want on the sat list.
:)

my thinking was that i can just put a firmware that will change the channel list and tp list to the american sat not all the astra etc

You obviously have a problem. All the files are not bad. In fact, probably none of them. Exacly what are you doing when you see the "invalid file" message ?
:)

1. press menu
2. go to tools
3. go to factory setting
4. press ok on yes
5. After reboot go to tools
6. go to upgrade by usb
7. press ok on start
8. now it says upgrade file is mismatch
usb device disconnected
it goes back to tools by itself
after like 10 seconds
usb device connected

note this is open box not sathawk

http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=104215Just wondering if your unit works or is defective? Also is there really a benefit in upgrading the firmware if it might cause problems like the one you're having? If you can still use your box no big deal, but if not please let us know. UPS still has mine so the firmware is safe.

I just kept the firmware that came with the receiver and it works just fine. I read the updates and they don't contain anything major that I need to worry about. Sometimes more damage can be done by upgrading. If it works, don't fix it.

I just received my new Openbox s9 and after reading this thread and others, I am unsure what firmware version I have. It reads "HDS2-10-11-08: 1026CM". Considering the screwy way it seems to be labeled, I haven't a clue if it the latest and greatest. If not, I hope someone can tell me what version I should find and update to.

I just received my new Openbox s9 and after reading this thread and others, I am unsure what firmware version I have. It reads "HDS2-10-11-08: 1026CM". Considering the screwy way it seems to be labeled, I haven't a clue if it the latest and greatest. If not, I hope someone can tell me what version I should find and update to.

My OpenBox has firmware HDS2-10-07-11:072AMT and works fine. Not sure but your version looks newer.

That would be the November 8, 2010 firmware. The latest firmware that I like to run is October 1, 2010, because of a bug that causes a reboot when accessing the Recording menu in later firmware.

I'm looking forward to find someone that already used the channel editor w/ the Openbox so I can add the Cw's network at galaxy 17 @ 91West?? Anyone that can give me a hand??? Thanks!!

Carlos, I am no expert, all I have done is read, read, and read some more.

Elbandido has published several threads on getting and using the editor, I was going to send you a copy of the file I built, but I don't think it would do you any good without knowing how to use it.

I had to finally bite the bullet and do it myself.

I was going to make (and I still may) a review of what to do with the editor program, but it really IS as easy as others have made it out to be.

Use a USB stick and dump the *.abs file from your receiver to the stick, remove the stick and connect it to your computer, open the editor and follow the directions in elbandido's directions.

View attachment How to Upload and Download Channels to the Solomend Receiver Using the Channel Editor.pdf

I will try to attach the directions here and see if that will help you. This is not my work, it is from elbandido.

Photto

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)