Openbox S9 "moving dish" message

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
Every time I move the dish with my S9 or go to scan it goes to the moving dish message and it stalls the receiver as long as the message is up. Even if the dish is already at the correct location it still gives me the message and doesn't let me input anything. Does anyone know of a work around for this? Otherwise the box is pretty fast.

One firmware I tried, the message would go away as soon as it detected signal. I can't remember which one it was.

SatHawk PVR800 USB (aka Openbox S9 HD ) MPEG4 DVB-S2 Satellite Receiver

this is a link to the page that has my firmware. it also has older firmware for the openbox. my version is: hds2-11-03-21:01a2m. i like this version because the 'moving disk' goes away at signal and it moves between satellites without going to a display to pick the satellite. it only moves to the next bird so if i am going between 97w and 125w i need to move 'x' number of times but it's not a problem because there is no delay between hitting the move button and it seems faster to respond to my commands. i do see that sadoun has openbox 9 ten dollars more than the openbox 10. glad to see the openbox 9 is still available. however, i am holding back on any new receiver until i try the new geopro. charlie

2010 firmware wouldn't work on my s10,I just get -- on the display when it boots.
I thought for a minute it was the 3-25-2011 firmware.

Last edited:
if you just have ---- on the display, you must not have any channels yet. have you selected a satellite and then scanned it to get channels? then with a boot up you will see the last channel you were viewing. i think that might be the problem? charlie

if you just have ---- on the display, you must not have any channels yet. have you selected a satellite and then scanned it to get channels? then with a boot up you will see the last channel you were viewing. i think that might be the problem? charlie
no 4 ----
2 -- totally dead receiver no boot.You have to recover with rs232
that is with an s10 with 2010 firmware.

On S9, make sure you have acive TP as a first one on the list. This is working only for S9, does NOT work for S10

Wow, I had never heard that before, I'll have to try it sometime. So it's looking for the first transponder in the list, rather than the one that actually corresponds to the selected channel? That's quality software engineering!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)