Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
I recently lost the audio from the HDMI output on one of my S9s. I haven't made any changes on my tv audio settings (or anything else), it's been working on this setup for months, it just disappeared.

Have eliminated the HDMI cable as the problem by swapping in my other S9, everything works fine with the other box.

On this setup I have the coaxial S-PDIF hooked to a Sonic Voom, then run to a set of powered computer speakers (to listen to sat audio with the tv turned off), that audio output is working fine.

I haven't checked to see if I have audio on the composite outs.

Anyone else had this issue, or any ideas? :confused:

I came home the other night and had no audio on all channels on the same sat. I just powered it off before I thought about troubleshooting to see the cause. It fixed it...

I came home the other night and had no audio on all channels on the same sat. I just powered it off before I thought about troubleshooting to see the cause. It fixed it...

No such luck here, I already reconnected all cables and repowered my "bad" S9 after hooking up and testing the "good" one, no change, thanks.

Could it be a broken solder connection on the HDMI jack? I'd check that first. If that's not the problem, reload FW. If that doesn't cure it, I'm stumped.

Could it be a broken solder connection on the HDMI jack? I'd check that first. If that's not the problem, reload FW. If that doesn't cure it, I'm stumped.

I may try a FW reload just for general purposes, I believe it has 10-11-08 (what it came with originally probably) in it now. If that doesn't do the trick I'll open the hood and take a peek, thanks FA.

I hope ya get it...I also hope it is not a forth coming issue for all of us! A solder joint could still be tricky, so small these days. Best hope is FW fixes it and you don't even have to take it apart.

Yankee, I would be surprised if this is something that pops up on a lot of S9s, but you never know. If it came down to doing some delicate soldering I would have to farm that out, beyond my skillset.

My "fix" for this issue at this point has been to swap my "bad" S9 into my mancave setup, I have an old CRT in there and discovered that the composite jacks are outputting audio just fine. Problem seems to be limited to the audio on the HDMI output.

I may eventually try to reinstall/update the firmware, but I don't want to crack the case open (and break the seal) on this one since I bought a 3 year warranty on it ($13.95) from Square Trade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts