openbox s9 recording playback time issue's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dannyidp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
ga.
I'm not sure if I am in the right forum or not,does anybody here have a openbox?I know there has been some discussions on here about this issue. When I hit record it record's fine I guess it says it's recording.but when I want to play what i recorded I can't figure out how.I read on here somewhere to go to rec manager I don't or can't find any thing like that all that i have is

hdd info
pvr setting
media player
under tools...
upgrade by usb
dump by usb
remove usb
under pvr what is ps record? also I an having a issue with time under local time setting I can't set the time and date usa is not there? when I turn off gmt and manually input date and time it say invalid input. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.................

I dont have a openbox (have a manhattan) and there is a "dvr" button on the bottom 1/3 of the remote

under pvr what is ps record? also I an having a issue with time under local time setting I can't set the time and date usa is not there? when I turn off gmt and manually input date and time it say invalid input.
Sorry to say, but the S9 is / was a work in progress.....
PS Record = Program Stream Record, records a single program in the event there are multiple programs on the same TP
The Clock / Time does not work, don't bother

but when I want to play what i recorded I can't figure out how
From memory.....
Menu, Media Player - Look at bottom of Screen to Change Input or something (I think it's "1" on the remote), cycle thru looking for Records, find your drive and dig to the Recording
If you are lucky, it recorded.

Sorry to say, but the S9 is / was a work in progress.....The Clock / Time does not work, don't bother....
Well, if you mess with the clock long enough, you can get it to work, somewhat. Lets say I want to record a one hour program at 3:00 Am. I will go to that channel and set the on time and how long record should record - 1 hour. By being on that channel it will auto list that channel to be recorded when you set a timer. I goto to the clock and set it(for my area) -5:00 from UTC, daylight on. Then move dish to 103 West AMC 1 W1 and to 11939 H 19997 Huntington Beach Pier. As soon as there, the clock sets to the correct time. Then turn the GMT usage to off, move back to the channel I want to record. I leave the unit on and HD ready to record. The time stays and the recording starts on time. It IS a long process, pain in the a_ _ to do, but if you are a TV nut and NEED your recording, then it works!
:)
RT.

invalid time setting - reverse your month and date inputs. dd/mm/yyyy is the proper order.
Good! That may just have been his time problem. You state proper order. Well, proper order for the S9. Sure not the way I learned to print/post a date in the US. (mm/dd/yyyy):)

RT.

I didn't learn it that way either and for a long time I also got the "Invalid Date" until it sunk in that they want the date as the military signs it. 29Sept2011, 22hrs47min local.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)