Openbox S9 Remote Control Codes for Slingbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I want to control my Openbox S9 remotely via my slingbox as I do the microHD. The Openbox name is not listed in the supported slingbox list of manufacturers, but if I know the codes used by the Openbox remote control, then I can probably enter a custom profile for slingbox. Does anybody know the power on/off code used by this remote control?

You are "Looking for a needle in a haystack" in this forum. Not very many SB users here and no advanced users. I had better luck surfing the Sling Box forums for custom remote files and info. I put together a remote for an AZBox that way.

Google "placeshiftingenthusiasts" (I don't remember what the full domain is); they have a forum where not only do they have lots of configuration files posted, but they also have users who are willing to make up configuration files on demand.

My slingbox is the very first original Classic (pre-HD). Any hints where to place these files? I see no obvious location for these in the sling folders. There are no other .bin files.

On my system, it's c:\program files\sling media\slingplayer\SBAV

But I don't remember how you select the custom files in the slingplayer setup, it's been a long time since I've done it.

Here is additional installation information.
http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com...in-files-on-slingboxes-other-than-the-350500/

It's been a difficult one to find since the S9 receiver is not on their list.

I am currently using a MacBook Pro running both OS's, i.e Maverick and Windows. I noticed that the original bin files which I have for the Windows
slingbox program is nicer but unfortunately I've not been able to find them using Windows explorer otherwise you could have tried them as well.
Maybe somebody else might have that information. Glad that you've made progress up to now.

I looked in the SBAV directory and I have zero files in there in the WINDOWS OS system. Figure that one out, but it works. The other ( above ) files were put in on the MAC OS and the two don't interact because they also look different. That's why I call computers " confusers ".

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)