Openbox S9 Satellite List?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
OK so I got an Openbox S9 from another member here and I've got a question about editing the satellite list. It came with satellite names like K_xxxxxx or C_xxxxx without the number location in the Clark Belt to tell me Where TF it is. I don't do names, I do numbers cuz thats the way my AZBox does them. In fact, if you and I were to meet and you told me your name and gave me your phone number, an hour later I probably wouldn't remember your name but I could call you up to find that out! :confused:

So I spent all afternoon yesterday "fixing" the names to something easy to keep up with, ie, I changed them all putting the actual location number in front of the K or C designators but guess what? When I just loaded that revised list and rebooted it came up WITHOUT THE NUMBERS I PUT IN FRONT AND ALL THE NAMES WERE BACK JUST LIKE THEY WERE BEFORE I STARTED???? WTF???:mad::mad::mad: The file I modified was the one mentioned in a thread here with instructions on using the channel editor. This file HDS2_DUMP.abs

Ok so tell me whether I wasted an entire afternoon doing this or not and or if the names can be changed with a number added in front like I want?:mad::smash:

sadly the satellite list you posted originally does show that way with the K_ and the C_...annoyed the heck out of me too

There should be a way to edit the names. I know on the S9 I had I just scrapped the whole list and made my own. I deleted the old names and added them as new names

Something that wasn't mentioned in the instructions for the channel editor is the selection of "Default" or "User" when working with that editor? This selection shows up when you first open that file. It defaults to "Default" so I didn't bother changing that? Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

OK I got it now!! Was modifying the wrong *%$*&^ file, as per the instructions posted here??? The file that needs to be edited to change satellite names is this one: "TV_PROG.dbs" NOT "HDS2_DUMP.abs". So now I got to go back through that whole list again! DAYUMNIT!! :-( Well, at least I answered my own question, hey! ;-)

OK, so pleasant surprise! Finished modifying the correct satellite list, loaded it, connected the Openbox to that "defective" Vbox X that I have and while I was gone to watch my grandson play baseball that Openbox S9 scanned in EVERY satellite on my list, like 54 of them! I really like that feature!! ;-) Looks like this thing is a "keeper"!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)