Openbox S9 software (2012-4) ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We need to know what improvements it has before trying. I tried a couple versions earlier this year that were newer than my current 2011-08-30, but these newer versions don't have the timer fix so the PVR won't work with these versions installed. Some newer stuff doesn't have the 3-column display either for channels.

No it is dated 12-13-11 in information once it is loaded. They may have changed something and didn't change date. I have it running right now and doing some tests. Now this is on an S10 BTW also the menu is across the top like other s10 firmware. Also didn't need to change resolution it was set for 1080i_60 from the get go.

Give it a try. Openbox Logo, S10 pull down menus working look alike, Most recent S10 versions which only show RED boton (Favorite) when you hit OK to see the channel list (NO GREEN boton for Satellite List). No Radio Channel List at the EDIT CHANNELS menu. So no way to edit the radio channels. Network icon Hidden (only will show when 6666 is enter). No idea if is freezing/lockups free since I deleted it almost immediatly and didnt run it enough to double check but based on my experienced all most recent versions with NO green boton and No radio channel edits usually have the freeze/ lockups issues.

In the 15 minutes I've had it on the S9, looks identical to the DEEP FW(S10) I have been running. Only difference I see, on the surface, is OPENBOX instead of no 'branding' on the blue background. Red Button @ Channel list just like DEEP, brings up selection box, ALL, FAV, SAT, etc.
Here, the modified date in 7-Zip and the windoze machine, says 4/5/2012 Maybe this is DEEP, further modded by the factory? Clone Kill??
If so, why don't they add AUDIO Channel Editing and fix the "switching to All Satellites when a recording is made"?????
BTW-Sorry for not finding the previous thread.

Yeah my file on W7 says 04-05-12, but once it is loaded under info it says 12-13-11 in receiver. I can't get it to lockup on channels but it does have a lip sync problem and no radio editing, so going to go back to what I had. I think I tried that February but I have so many:D, I tried some February version. I wish I could get a hold of one that is date 1-27-12 it supposed to be the best, but I think the COLD FTA website has it locked up.

I wasted the feb 2012 firmware just now testing other remote codes,so from memory the sys info said feb 15th no radio edit.
I will search for 1-27-2012 but it doesn't sound familiar.Anonymousx firmware maybe?

the only true way to tell the date is to load on a machine and look at the sys info screen.
You can't go by mst firmware tool or any other external means.

I tested this one on my S9; CONM_C2DS2_CMT_12021507E4.abs posted here openbox software HD Original from China factory which is dated as 120215 really shows the same date in the box 02/15/2012 once its load it but unfurtunally it has or doesnt have the Radio Channel Edit, Green Boton features as I mentioned before.
Its a S10 style which work on S9s.

Give it a try. Openbox Logo, S10 pull down menus working look alike, Most recent S10 versions which only show RED boton (Favorite) when you hit OK to see the channel list (NO GREEN boton for Satellite List). No Radio Channel List at the EDIT CHANNELS menu. So no way to edit the radio channels. Network icon Hidden (only will show when 6666 is enter). No idea if is freezing/lockups free since I deleted it almost immediatly and didnt run it enough to double check but based on my experienced all most recent versions with NO green boton and No radio channel edits usually have the freeze/ lockups issues.

@ the highlighted: Oh, I remember reading that sometime ago. Thanks for refreshing my memory!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts