Opening day and no yankee game on tv

Yeah I don't think you should be blacked out if you can't get the network on your provider, but MLB are the ones that dictate the blackouts. Simply put, Dish Network is not the provider of choice for NY Yankees fans..

Opening day and no yankee game on tv for me .blackedout on espn2:mad::mad::mad:

How/Why are you blacked out? I thought ESPN had the exclusive rights to broadcast this game. If that is true, YES (the Yankee Network) will not broadcast the game and it should be available to you on Dish.

The game was suppose to be tomorrow but E$PN wanted it changed to tonight so it still is on NESN & YES for the local markets

Also Tuesday's game is on MLB Net (so blacked out) and Wed game is on ESPN again (so blacked out)

Why Yankee fans have Dish......I'll never know

The game was suppose to be tomorrow but E$PN wanted it changed to tonight so it still is on NESN & YES for the local markets

Also Tuesday's game is on MLB Net (so blacked out) and Wed game is on ESPN again (so blacked out)

Why Yankee fans have Dish......I'll never know
Oh shoot...I forgot that Dish does not carry YES.

But hows all that new HD coming.... I forgot D* didn't get any.:rolleyes:
Maybe some day you can tell us all about it.:eek:
What does that have to do with a Yankee fan in NY not being able to watch his own team's opening game of the season in his own home area on Dish? Talk about pathetic!

I will address your strawman since you asked: It is coming along fine as there is absolutely no other HD channel I am really interested in that I do not currently already have. Of all of the HD channels that Dish has that Direct does not, the only one I may watch about 5 times of the year is WGN (that would only be those few times a baseball game is in HD on WGN and not on EI...which is not very often).

There is one channel in HD and SD that I watch more than any other channel that Dish does not carry (In fact I am watching their prediction show as I type this), and that is MLBNet.

So, to each his own.

As far as others whom may want more HD, it will be here within a month or two, and WGN will be one of those channels.

ETA: My post in which you replied to was not meant to be a shot at Dish. I did honestly forget that Dish does not carry YES. I remembered after reading Ice's post.

Last edited:
I guess the OP has about 2 hours to switch to DTV or miss the game.
I will have it on ESPN tho if you would like me and the rest of the people here to update you as the game goes along...

With Dish, I get very few Yankees and Phillies games. Since they are the two teams I despise the most, I have no problems with this arrangement.

This is pathetic. Yankee's Vs Bosox, opening day, and I am not gettting it. :mad::mad::mad: Once my contract is up in about 8 months, I am running back to cablevision. They are now the same price as dish, (now that dish has made up all of these stupid receiver fee's) and when I compared channels, cable actually quite a bit more for the money. I'm counting down the months.

If anyone happens to use Verizon for internet access they have a deal with ESPN360.com. The game is being streamed on ESPN360 so maybe you can catch it that way.

This is pathetic. Yankee's Vs Bosox, opening day, and I am not gettting it. :mad::mad::mad: Once my contract is up in about 8 months, I am running back to cablevision. They are now the same price as dish, (now that dish has made up all of these stupid receiver fee's) and when I compared channels, cable actually quite a bit more for the money. I'm counting down the months.

:wave :wave :wave :wave

I still can't figure out after all these years that if you're a Yankees fan that you subscribe to Dish?! Don't you guys know by now that you can't see your team?

Typical Sox and Yanks slug fest going back and forth.

Yanks up 5-1
Sox tied 5-5
Yanks up 7-5
Sox tied 7-7
Well maybe the dodgers will do something after playing all that golf last year or maybe not. :eek:
Maybe them and the sox played all that golf together.

Opening day and no yankee game on tv for me .blackedout on espn2:mad::mad::mad:

Lets see Redsox 9 Yankees 7 I'm guessing you didn't miss much. Of course I saw every bit in HD on NESN, and I 'm not gloating, although Redsox Nation is very happy to begin the season with the first of many wins over their arch rival!

I do agree that it is pretty pathetic that the game, which by the way was always scheduled for Sunday but was moved to 8pm from the usual 1:05, for ESPN's convenience, broadcast and then folks can't see it. I have no idea what the blackout rules are but it was sold out (all redsox games are sold out and have been for long time) so Yankees fan or not you should have been able to watch the game on ESPN.....

Folks around here were upset because traditionally opening day is an afternoon game on a weekday and those with and without tickets look forward to skipping out on work and school to go....and hang out around Fenway Park, especially since the weather has turned out to be so nice!

Next game Tuesday Night 7:05 first pitch, Lester vs Burnett.

Ross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)