operation question

sistersinhim

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
While I am beaming up from the house to the satellite, is my information safe?

Can I work off-line, or will it always be on-line?

The Tate said:
Yes your info is safe. See this
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16039666

You can shut your network connection down and to disconnect yourself from the modem.
Thank you The Tate. I checked out this site and it doesn't quite address my concern. I am worried about my personal information being 'picked up' somehow as I am sending up it to the bird. I do a lot of internet shopping and am afraid of someone getting my credit card numbers. I don't believe that firewalls would protect me from this kind of action.

And how hard is it to get my modem back up?

sistersinhim said:
Thank you The Tate. I checked out this site and it doesn't quite address my concern. I am worried about my personal information being 'picked up' somehow as I am sending up it to the bird. I do a lot of internet shopping and am afraid of someone getting my credit card numbers. I don't believe that firewalls would protect me from this kind of action.

Not quite sure what you mean by getting your modem back up. If its because you shut your network card off its no problem. All you do is go into your controll panel, network connections, then local area network and enable it again "if you are using window".

As far as the concern for the information that you are sending up I am pretty confident you do not have anything to worry about. As long as you are sending the info though a secure site you should be find. People that usually do the theft do it in the easiest way they can and hacking into your frequency you are sending up is not that easy. Maybe impossible.

sistersinhim said:

The connection is encrypted. You should also see that your browser is using SSL. There should be a little padlock icon in your browser window. In IE it's on the bottom right hand corner.