Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
According to AllAccess.COM the duo of Opie & Anthony have been FIRED from their home station of WXRK in New York.

According to O&A's Twitter page the following Tweet just appeared.

"It's official KROCK has just informed us that our services are no longer needed.#2 M18-49,#3 M25-54. This is really bad for our show,PERIOD!"

Now it appears that O&A will only be heard on XM satellite radio.

This is good news for me because I am a big fan of theres and they are much better on XM exclusively.

This is good news for me because I am a big fan of theres and they are much better on XM exclusively.

I must admit, I agree. I miss the early XM days. The only thing CBS brought them is better guests, but I liked when they just hung out and riffed for 4 hours with no restrictions.

However, a lot has changed since then...they used to be a priority for XM. I don't know if that's the case since the merger. They're being moved to a crappy studio.

So, did Booker get the ax too? I just tuned into the online K-Rock and it's just music.

I used to love the days driving to work when they were just on XM I hope this is the case now. I will admit they did have better guests on K-Rock but to be honest like with Howard Stern I like it better when there arent any guests.

Good riddance! I've hated those knuckleheads since the first time I heard them on WAAF in Boston. The saddest part for them is that they probably blew all their money on co***ne and ho***rs.

Good riddance! I've hated those knuckleheads since the first time I heard them on WAAF in Boston. The saddest part for them is that they probably blew all their money on co***ne and ho***rs.
Looking at Anthony I always wonder what hes been doing. Drug's, cancer or aids. :eek:

This should be good, OA in the same company as Howard and he hates them, to bad I cancelled my sirius a year ago.

Thank god they got off CBS. The XM show is just superior in every way. They really shouldn't have gone over there in the first place.

I love they are just on XM again its much better. I will listen early in the morning again.

Wednesday at 5PM they are flipping. They will then stunt with 10,000 songs in a row.

I tuned in late to O&A on XM today but it seems like a normal XM show today.

From what I have been told, Adam Carolla, who did mornings on Los Angeles CBS-owned KLSX, was offered mornings on WXRK a few months ago. Then the offer was taken off the table in January when execs had decided to make the format change instead.

From what I have been told, Adam Carolla, who did mornings on Los Angeles CBS-owned KLSX, was offered mornings on WXRK a few months ago. Then the offer was taken off the table in January when execs had decided to make the format change instead.
I think Adam holds the record for longest lasting Howard Replacement, beating out O&A by like a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.