Opinions needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thing is: With your signal levels, you should be receiving all the LOS easily as long as the antenna is aimed 'their way'. If not there's something amiss. Got to be fixed before adding another antenna to aim in another direction.
Have you tried replacing the transformer on the antenna? This is 'my bet' for being bad. I've had 'NEW' ones that were bad. 2nd bet: Coax from amp to antenna transformer.
Both are cheap, just replace 'em, in one trip.

Have you tryed a simple $10 set of rabbit ears? Your choice of antennas would make sense if you were deep fringe for reception. Bigger isn't always better with TV antennas it looks like you are over driving the tuners with too much antenna signal then adding amplification to it.

Ok spent the day relocating the HUB55 and finally found a sweet spot to all locals without a amp. Guess it is all about looking through huge trees and mountains. WLOS is still weak but watchable on this sunny day. I still plan on incorporating the HDB8X since I have the combiner. IT will be 90 degrees off of the main antenna and it has a UHF only combiner. Ready for the next challenge?

Primestar you are missing this in my original post. http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=cc7870 The antennas will be about thirty feet from each other and yes point at two markets. I know to use equal runs of coax to the combiner and also it allows me to use a amp on one side witch will be the uhf pointed at Char NC. Not the amp I have now though, something in the range of 10 DB gain.
Not trying to tell you what to do but I was told not to buy that particular combiner where it will result in signal loss. http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...ator/Combiner-for-Antenna-(UVSJ)&q=pico macom this is the link to the combiner i was suggested to get. It will be your best bet.....

Got the HDB8x up today did not combine it,found a sweet spot that gets my local uhf and Charlotte stations no amp. I ordered two of the pico's this morning and here is my new plan. The HUB 55 is going to become a VHF high only antenna thanks to the combiner hooked up backwards. Half a DB loss, another one to combine the two antennas and I think I am good. Total loss 1 Db. But I did put FM traps on both antennas first so the loss is really higher but seems to work fine. Any way until next week when I get the UVSJ's I will run of the hub55, when I combine them I will report back. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)