Opinions on this system

Unless your budget is strapped, I would NOT recommend any pre-packaged HT in a box solution; BUT of those two I would go with the Onkyo.

Unless your budget is strapped, I would NOT recommend any pre-packaged HT in a box solution; BUT of those two I would go with the Onkyo.

I second this. I bought a Denon HTIB several years ago for a bedroom system because I was happy with their bigger stuff. It only took me 6 months to run out of inputs. The power isn't enough to allow me to upgrade speakers, and the unit doesn't do upconversion on video, so I am still stuck having to switch on both the TV and the receiver. That has a very low WAF.

save your $ for a little longer and piece together a decent system and speakers and sub. you'll thank yourself later. stay away from sony audio. then again if you do buy an HTIB you'll probably get the "bug", and go crazy on audio equipment, once you realize th inadequacies of an HTIB. so in some cases it can be a good thing.

remember, you can't have great video without great audio.

Sony is sad

I got a pre pack sony about 2 years ago (Not this model older). I was not impressed. Bass speaker is not powered and the receiver only had inputs for the dvd/vcr and a cd player that was it. Yes, it sounds okay. Bass is on the weak side. But all the dvd's I play with it decode fine.

later,

Josh

I won't be able to justify to my wife spending more than a couple hundred bucks, so I think a HTIB is going to be the best bet for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts