OPPO BDP-103/105

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
"SD DVD de-interlacing performance is not as good as that of the official firmware release BDP10X-33-1018. If you watch DVD often, we recommend that you skip this beta test version and wait for the next official release, which will fix this problem."

Wow. Straight talk from a manufacturer! I'm impressed.

New Beta FW

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray...urce=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email#Thumbdrive

Release Notes:

This version is designed for the OPPO BDP-103 and BDP-105 Blu-ray Disc players. Comparing to the previous Public Beta release version BDP10X-37-1114B, the major changes included in this version are:

• Improved audio/video synchronization for disc playback, internet streaming, and external HDMI/MHL inputs. In the previous firmware, customers have been reporting that the sound could be out of sync with the picture. This issue has been improved in this Beta firmware.
  • Resolved the DVD de-interlacing performance issue of previous Public Beta firmware BDP10X-37-1114B. DVD de-interlacing performance in the previous Public Beta firmware was not as good as that of the current official firmware release BDP10X-33-1018. This new Public Beta firmware has resolved the issue and DVD de-interlacing performance is as good as the official firmware.
  • Improved media file navigation speed on USB hard disk or thumb drives. This is achieved by caching some of the media information in an "OPPO_Media_Info" folder on the USB drive. For users who prefer that the player not write anything to the USB drive, there is a "Cache Media Info" item in the "Setup Menu" under "Device Setup". We recommend that you set this "Cache Media Info" option to ON and do not delete the "OPPO_Media_Info" folder and its files. This will deliver user experience improvement in media navigation. On the other hand, turning this option OFF can prevent the player from writing to your USB drive, at the cost of slower media file navigation.
  • Added the support for DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD sound tracks in MKV files. As with any user-encoded media files, compatibility still depends on the software and techniques used to encode the media files.
  • General disc compatibility improvement based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.
  • Special notices: you can revert back to the previous Official release via a USB thumb drive.

All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.

Latest Official Release: BDP10X-38-1211

I skipped the Beta updates, but just got the Latest Official Release of 12/12/12: BDP10X-38-1211

Release Notes:

This version is designed for the OPPO BDP-103 and BDP-105 Blu-ray Disc players. This version is based on the latest Public Beta release version BDP10X-38-1205B. Comparing to the previous Official release version BDP10X-33-1018, the major changes are:

1.Resolved the HDMI high bit-rate (HBR) audio loss issue with Anthem MRX 300/500/700 AV Receivers. Customers have reported that when sending DTS-HD MA or Dolby True HD signals in Bitstream mode through HDMI 1 OUT to these Anthem receivers, no audio was detected by Anthem and static noise could be heard on the speakers. This issue has been resolved.

2.Improved audio/video synchronization for disc playback, internet streaming, and external HDMI/MHL inputs. In the previous firmware, customers have been reporting that the sound could be out of sync with the picture. This issue has been improved.

3.Improved media file navigation on USB hard disk or thumb drives. Added Thumbnail View mode for Movie and Music. Customers can press the RED color button to quickly switch between File List mode and Thumbnail View mode. There is also an improvement to the responsiveness achieved by caching some of the media information in an "OPPO_Media_Info" folder on the USB drive. NOTE: for users who prefer that the player not write anything to the USB drive, there is a "Cache Media Info" item in the "Setup Menu" under "Device Setup". We recommend that you set this "Cache Media Info" option to ON and do not delete the "OPPO_Media_Info" folder and its files. This will deliver user experience improvement in media navigation. On the other hand, turning this option OFF can prevent the player from writing to your USB drive, at the cost of slower media file navigation.

4.Added the "Blank HDMI 2" option in the Setup Menu -> Video Setup -> 3D Setting. This allows the player to force HDMI 2 to output a 2D blank screen when HDMI 1 outputs 3D video. Some customers reported that during 3D movie playback, when HDMI 1 was connected to a 3D display and HDMI 2 was connected to a non-3D receiver which in turn is connected to the same 3D display, there was no audio coming from the receiver. This issue has been resolved.

5.Resolved the incorrect aspect ratio (AR) during some user-created media. In the previous firmware the player may have unnecessarily pillarboxed or stretched the video of some user-created media files. This issue has been resolved.

6.Resolved an incompatibility with older Digital Coaxial or Optical receivers where streaming services (such as Netflix, YouTube) produced no audio.

7.Added support for "Rhapsody" online music and "CinemaNow" movie/TV streaming services.

8.Added "Sleep Timer" option in the Setup Menu -> Device Setup. This allows the player to turn itself off after a specific amount of time.

9.Added support for converting Side-by-Side and Top-Bottom formatted MKV into 3D. During the playback of a compatible MKV, press the 3D button on the remote once to turn on the "2D->3D" conversion then press the 3D button again to display the "3D Setting" menu. Select "Side-by-Side" or "Top-Bottom" to match the source to convert the image to 3D.

10.Added the support for DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD sound tracks in MKV files. As with any user-encoded media files, compatibility still depends on the software and techniques used to encode the media files.

11.Added "CD Program Play" function for CD/SACD playback. During the disc playback, press the YELLOW COLOR button to bring the "Program Play" interface. Here you can use the LEFT/RIGHT ARROW button to set a desired playlist.

12.General disc compatibility improvement based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.

All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.

I think this one is pretty much based on the latest Beta.

I upgraded today via the menu, think a couple of things were added.

Just got this from Oppo:

"For customers who have already purchased the OPPO BDP-103 or BDP-105, we are pleased to offer you the discounted bundle price of $49.99 (MSRP $99.99). You can order the Roku Streaming Stick by clicking on the Buy button above. Please have your OPPO BDP-103/105 serial number handy before ordering – we will need it to qualify your order for the discounted price."

Yes, I got that email too! I think $49.99 is a good price for the Roku Stick! Although I am not thrilled about the idea of a dongle sticking out from the front of my player (it can only be used in the front HDMI port), at this price I may give it a try. And since I am not currently using that front port for anything else, I am not going to lose any HDMI inputs as a result.

New firmware version update BDP10X-38-1220 has just arrived:

Release Notes:

This version is designed for the OPPO BDP-103 and BDP-105 Blu-ray Disc players. Comparing to the previous Official release version BDP10X-38-1211, the major changes included in this version are:

1. Resolved an issue where some SACD media were being incorrectly played as a standard CD audio disc. Customers have reported that their BDP-105 players would load a SACD and the resulting audio would be standard CD audio disc as confirmed by the front panel showing "CDDA" rather than "SACD" as the "Disc Type". This issue has been resolved.

2. Resolved an issue where the Roku Streaming Stick firmware would fail to upgrade correctly. Customers have reported that when the Roku Streaming Stick was connected to the HDMI/MHL IN port on the BDP-103/105, it could detect and download the new firmware but would not install it correctly. This would cause the Roku Streaming Stick to remain on the factory installed firmware. This issue has been resolved.

3. General disc compatibility improvement based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)