OPPO BDP-83 stuck tray

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Suddenly, today I can't get the tray to open. There is no disc inside. And no pinhole to stick a bent paperclip thru. So I removed the cover. But to go further, I must break some seals and "grounding tape."

So I did a little research and found that this is a common problem. No way to fix except to send it to OPPO or buy the AY from them and install it myself. I just contacted OPPO and asked about repair options and I'll report back what they say.

Anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it?

And does the 103 or 105 use the same mechanism? I seem to remember reading here they do not, but I'm not sure.

BDP-83 3 sm.jpgBDP-83 2 sm.jpgBDP-83 1 sm.jpg

Talk about fantastic customer service! FIVE hours after I emailed them, on a Saturday, they responded. I must ship it back to them. But they neglected to mention cost.

DING DING DING!

We have a WINNER! 40 minutes after their first response, they answered and said the repair is simple and would be FREE! And 15 minutes later I had an RMA number! And all on a Saturday, no less!

Man, am I ever happy I spent the bucks for an OPPO!

So I've learned. And I don't consider myself a heavy user of the player. I guess they've decided to back a mistake. Frankly, it makes me more inclined to buy a 103.

Shipped it Monday, actually left the UPS store Wednesday, expected delivery to OPPO next Wednesday. Prob 3-4 days at OPPO. I tried to update the s/w before shipping, but it couldn't do that. Server connection failed even though it tested correctly and started downloading. I suspect a temporary OPPO server problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts