Oprah on C-Band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbanddiehard

Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
I live in rural West Virginia, where I cannot get the major networks. I have been watching Oprah on C-Band on T6, 18 at 10:00 am eastern, or on T6, 24 at 4:00 pm. I have not been able to receive it for a month or more, and I do not know if I have an equipment problem, or if they no longer transmit the show on these channels. Does anyone know if I can receive Oprah on C-Band? Thanks!

according to orbit magazine wild feeds they moved

T5 TP14
T5/IA5/G25....97W
M-F at 4:00 Eastern

with T6 suffering partial failure lots of feeds moved to T5

Get a DVB receiver and slave it with your Analog receiver and you can get the Networks on G16 C-Band.

this is a good investment to update your c-band system. something i haven't regretted :) some receivers can be found cheap some with blind scan and some without.. might be some listed in the classified area

and :welcome to the group :)

Oprah is also going HD soon, so the analog feed may end soon. They already uplink her show in digital on Galaxy 25 as well, so there may be a transition coming soon.

Hello
:)

I've seen Oprah show moved around a lot on analog
C-band, on Galaxy 25 (T5) satellite. Sometimes they
shows it at 11 am PST and sometimes at 1 pm PST.

Yes, I am aware that the transition feeds are going digital,
or DVB or MPG2.

Is there a list of feeds in digtal transition, like we used to
seeing them on Orbit Magazine and other satellite magazines??
We've been seeing list of WILD FEEDS in analog C-band.
So, I am wondering is there a list of WILD FEEDS in digital
transition?? Is there is such a list, what site would it be???
How do we get the latest list??

It would be great to know what satellite feed is Oprah will
be transmiting.

Thanks,
Eugene
:)

Thanks, everyone, for your input. I have had my C-Band system since 1991, but I did upgrade my receiver to the 4dtv, dsr922 several years ago. Can I get the digital Oprah broadcast as mentioned, or do I need to add the DVB receiver that voomvoom suggested? Thanks again!

jself1982 mentioned a digital uplink on Galaxy 25 (T5), but when I flip through the channels on that satellite, it only shows analog channels 1 through 24. How can I get the digital channels on my dsr922 receiver? If I delete that satellite, and then add it back in, would that pick up the digital channels? I get digital channels on other satellites, but not T5. thanks again, folks, I get lost in this stuff pretty quick!

jself1982 mentioned a digital uplink on Galaxy 25 (T5), but when I flip through the channels on that satellite, it only shows analog channels 1 through 24. How can I get the digital channels on my dsr922 receiver? If I delete that satellite, and then add it back in, would that pick up the digital channels? I get digital channels on other satellites, but not T5. thanks again, folks, I get lost in this stuff pretty quick!

I believe that it is DVB Digital not DCII.
You would need a DVB receiver, as voomvoom mentioned.

I have the DSR922 receiver, and I am able to get the digital channels on T5. You may have to do a 'soft reset'. Do you get the W5 satellite? If not you may even have to do a 'hard reset'.
I am confused, did the Oprah show move to G4 and is only available through HD?

I have the DSR922 receiver, and I am able to get the digital channels on T5. You may have to do a 'soft reset'. Do you get the W5 satellite? If not you may even have to do a 'hard reset'.
I am confused, did the Oprah show move to G4 and is only available through HD?

What digital channels are you getting on 4dtv on Galaxy-25 (T5)?

Also from what I read in this thread is that the analog feeds for Oprah are on Galaxy-25.

Again anyone with a big dish that only has analog or a 4dtv should add a dvb receiver to there system, you will be amazed at all the great programming thats out there.

You would need a dvb complient s-2 reciever. Cheapest route is a dvb card for a computer or usb device. Your dsr-922 will not bring in dvb period. Only Digicipher II format. These are two different types of digital methods.

Hey it's a fellow West Virginian. Have you tried using a good high gain UHF antenna to receive digital over the air programming using a digital tv or a digital converter box for our locals?

I am sure in the hills your analog local tv is pretty bad as my cousin lives in Lincoln County and he can't get analog tv very well. He gets a good digital tv reception however.

His signal quality is low but keeps a good digital lock. With digital you still have a perfect picture if you keep a lock on the signal.

Signal level does not affect quality on digital.

You definitely need a good free to air DVB receiver. It is almost a must now days with a big dish.

Do a search for "slaving a dvb receiver" and it will show you how to connect an additional receover to your big dish. Your DSR-922 is pretty much just good for subscription digital tv now. C-band analog is all but gone. It is still good for your digital subscription stuff.

a blind scan or "smart search" receiver is almost a must. When you buy a fta receiver buy it from a sponsor on this site. Stay clear of ebay because a lot of those receivers are hack boxes and won't work right. You will get cheated out of your money in a lot of cases.

Some people who steal programming do it under the guise of "free to air".
Free to air is a legit way to watch tv if you are not hacking. The reason I bring this up to new people is that I like for newbies to know the difference.

DVB S-2 is the newest digital scheme to deliver high bandwidth communication over satellite. It allows more bandwidth for HD programming. We will all need an S-2 receiver in the near future.

Since you are just getting into it, you may better spend your money on an S-2 capable fta box now.
That way you can receive almost any un-encrypted signal in the sky from the satellites your dish can see from your location.

Actually if and when the analog feed of Oprah ever goes away, then at that time if it is a must for you to see the feed, if you haven't got small dish yet... :), then the receiver you would need is the Quali 4:2:2 receiver. I hear Oprah but can't see her on one of the channels that shows CWD 1-4 on Galaxy 25. This is also the set of channels that I hear The Insider, Entertainment Tonight, etc.

So, enjoy the analog feed on Galaxy 25, I thought I seen it at 3pm EST on Thursday around channel 9 or 14, can't remember. Hope this nugget of information helps you a little more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)