Optimum Voice Announces The Biggest Moment in International Communications Since Marc

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Press Release Source: Cablevision Systems Corporation

Optimum Voice Announces The Biggest Moment in International Communications Since Marconi

Wednesday May 17, 9:53 am ET
Optimum Voice(R) World Call Introduces The Lowest International Rates in New York And Retires Traditional Phone Company "Country-Based" Per-Minute Pricing
New International Package Gives Customers Freedom to Call Anywhere in The World For Just $19.95 Per Month, Without Hidden Fees Or Additional Charges

BETHPAGE, N.Y., May 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Optimum Voice, the New York metropolitan area's best value in voice and the most highly-penetrated VoIP service in the nation, today announced the launch of Optimum Voice World Call, a new international calling option that significantly extends the value of the Optimum Voice service by allowing customers to call anywhere in the world for just $19.95 per month, with no hidden fees and no per-minute or connection charges.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Optimum Voice sets the tone for phone service for more than 900,000 customers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut," said Patricia Gottesman, Cablevision's executive vice president of product management and marketing. "With the launch of Optimum Voice World Call, we're extending our unbeatable value to international calling, eliminating phone company country-based pricing for customers who want to call anywhere in the world. Instead of paying a monthly international plan fee plus costly per-minute rates ranging from ten cents to more than a dollar, Optimum Voice customers can now add to all of our current benefits the freedom to call anywhere in the world for one low monthly fee."

More than 20 percent of the homes passed by Cablevision's fiber-rich network have already switched to Optimum Voice, the most highly-penetrated VoIP service in the nation. Available exclusively to Optimum Online® high- speed Internet customers, Optimum Voice provides unlimited local and long distance calling to the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico as well as a number of advanced calling features for a flat monthly fee of $34.95. The Optimum Voice World Call service can be added to any residential Optimum Voice subscription for $19.95 per month.

Optimum Voice features include enhanced voicemail, call waiting, caller ID, caller ID blocking (*67), call return (*69), three-way calling and call forwarding, in addition to directory assistance (411), VIP ringing, find me, caller ID on call waiting, busy redial, anonymous calling and anonymous call blocking - all at no additional cost. The service's "My Optimum Voice" innovative web portal allows customers to easily activate account features, listen to voicemail messages through any web browser, review and sort calling history and manage other settings.

Through Optimum Voice World Call, customers can purchase up to 500 minutes of international calling from their home phone to anywhere in the world for just $19.95 per month. Customers can purchase additional blocks of 500 minutes for $19.95 each. Customers can view their international calling history and minutes used through their My Optimum Voice online web portal and easily add additional minutes as necessary.

Customers can activate Optimum Voice World Call by logging on to www.optimumvoice.com, visiting the "My Optimum Voice" web portal or calling customer service. International calling charges are integrated into the customer's monthly billing statement.

Optimum Voice offers local number portability to new customers who wish to keep their existing phone number. Through the Optimum Store Online (www.optimumstore.com), Optimum Voice offers customers a battery back-up option that would allow hours of stand-by or talk time in the event of a power outage. Cablevision's network remains powered for several hours during a loss of electrical current, so with the battery back-up option Optimum Voice customers would continue to have service during an electrical interruption as long as they are using non-electric telephones. Optimum Voice service is carried over Cablevision's world-class broadband network, not the public Internet, and offers customers a highly reliable voice service with superior value.

About Cablevision

Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC - News) is one of the nation's leading entertainment and telecommunications companies. Its cable television operations serve 3 million households in the New York metropolitan area. The company's advanced telecommunications offerings include its iO: Interactive Optimum digital television, Optimum Online high-speed Internet, Optimum Voice digital voice-over-cable, and its Optimum Lightpath integrated business communications services. Cablevision's Rainbow Media Holdings LLC operates several successful programming businesses, including AMC, IFC, WE and other national and regional networks. In addition to its telecommunications and programming businesses, Cablevision owns Madison Square Garden and its sports teams, the New York Knicks, Rangers and Liberty. The company also operates New York's famed Radio City Music Hall, and owns and operates Clearview Cinemas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Cablevision Systems Corporation

You didn't post the disclaimer, shame shame! If you exceed 1,000 minutes per month you will have your account deactivated. It's in the nice small print on page 17 of the NY Daily News if anyone wants to see it.

cforrest said:
You didn't post the disclaimer, shame shame! If you exceed 1,000 minutes per month you will have your account deactivated. It's in the nice small print on page 17 of the NY Daily News if anyone wants to see it.

Not according to the above press release. The $19.95 per month gives you 500 minutes and the ability to purchase another 500 minutes for $19.95. This contradicts the small print. Am I reading this correctly?

Questions:

1-Does Optimum Voice works with Tivo or Dish Network receivers? I only kept the landline because I need to have my dishnetwork receivers connected to a phone line and I do it with a wireless piece.

2-With optimum voice can you have more than one phone number associated with the telephone?

3-How does it work for multiple physical phones throughout the house? Do you have to purchase another modem?

Sean Mota said:
Not according to the above press release. The $19.95 per month gives you 500 minutes and the ability to purchase another 500 minutes for $19.95. This contradicts the small print. Am I reading this correctly?

Questions:

1-Does Optimum Voice works with Tivo or Dish Network receivers? I only kept the landline because I need to have my dishnetwork receivers connected to a phone line and I do it with a wireless piece.

2-With optimum voice can you have more than one phone number associated with the telephone?

3-How does it work for multiple physical phones throughout the house? Do you have to purchase another modem?

Don't konw about your first question but here is an ans to the other 2.
Q2
As of right now the don't offer two numbers on the modem which i find weird because the modem does have two telephone lines. I asked about this a coupld months ago and I was told you would have to pay for another interent connection.

q3.
When you have it installed they can wire it for the whole house. Basically they cut the landline from verizon of who ever your pots carrier is. They then just plug the modem into any availble phone outlet in you house. This allows you to continue using you phone outlets if you don't want to get a multiheadset phone system.

As for question 1 it should work with tivo and satellite receivers. They hopefully we be able to have the second line w/o a second ool service within the next month or two.

You are allowed upto 1000 mins a month after that you have to wait for your billing cycle to end before you can get additional minutes. I dont know if anyone would go close to 1000 mins a month though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts