Orbit Magazine still has C-Band subscription listings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
Hey everyone,

As you remember back in the day, there were several magazines that provided channel listings for C-Band programming. Most of these are no longer being published but Orbit Magazine is still being published as of now. They publish monthly issues which contain program listings and information for all HITS TV and most Dish Network channels. Although I don't necessarily like them listing both HITS and Dish Network side by side on the same guide, at least we still have a magazine that carries channel listings for C-band subscription programming.

Unless there's another magazine out there that carries C-band programming exclusively, I will subscribe to Orbit Magazine as long as they continue carrying listing C-band programming. They offer either a print & online or online only subscription. Online only is very cheap, only $24 for a full year (12 issues) of BOTH Orbit Magazine (C-band & Dish Network) and Satellite Direct (DirecTV)

More info at:

About Satellite Direct - Orbit

P.S. It would be cool if we could convince Orbit Magazine to list full time FTA channels as well.

Last edited:
I find it difficult to subscribe to a website or newspaper online. Until the EMM provider change in January my DSR922 didn't have a functional guide since it was fixed on W5. Now running converted with a fully functioning EPG, I'm happy with what I gained. I don't really plan my TV viewing so far ahead that I would need a published magazine anyway. A waste of $300/yr. I would rather spend that money on programming.

When I last had Orbit, it was full of incorrect or blank titles such as "movie". Hopefully the online version of it would be more accurate. I was tired of recording things based on what the book had and being disappointed to find it was wrong. IMHO todays EPGs aren't perfect either but more often than not are pretty accurate.

i watch tv in an old school fashion. i work 10-16 hours per day so when i do actually get a chance to see tv i just flip through channels to see whats on. i dont have any scheduled shows that i routinely watch. in many cases i just listen to commercial free audio on my surround system.

A waste of $300/yr. I would rather spend that money on programming.

Orbit magazine significantly lowered their print subscription price since then. It is now $49.95/yr for 12 print issues and online access. Flipping through the pages, it seems to be pretty accurate to me. You can try out a single month's issue online in PDF format for $3.75 to see if it's right for you before getting an annual print subscription. The electronic PDF format is the exact same content as the print edition.

Last edited:
P.S. It would be cool if we could convince Orbit Magazine to list full time FTA channels as well.

Not a good idea.

Well unless you are talking about the very few channels that actually don't mind that we pull them in, like what a few radio stations and DW? and maybe a few off G-19?

Last edited:
Not a good idea.

Well unless you are talking about the very few channels that actually don't mind that we pull them in, like what a few radio stations and DW? and maybe a few off G-19?

Yeah that's what I meant, FTA channels that are meant for the home user. Not only international channels as you mentioned but English ones as well such as PBS, NASA, religious channels, etc... Back in the day, the satellite magazines used to not only list subscription channels but unencrypted channels (i.e. FTA) as well. This would create more awareness of what's available out there on FTA.

nice... I remember orbit magazine... I used to get it back in the analog day.

thats how you found out what was on before the days of EPG. it also listed wild feed/ block feed locations... :)

I had Orbit, STV Guide, and Satellite TV week. I also got Satellite Retailer the dealers magazine. Those were the good old days when C band ruled the skys and was the ultimate for home theater. I truly miss those days.

I'm getting tired of all the crazy technology these days. Today I was resurrecting an old stereo with an 8 track player in it. (yes 8 track) It was fun to listen to 8 tracks like when I was a kid, things were so simple back then. :D

I had Orbit, STV Guide, and Satellite TV week. I also got Satellite Retailer the dealers magazine. Those were the good old days when C band ruled the skys and was the ultimate for home theater. I truly miss those days.

I'm getting tired of all the crazy technology these days. Today I was resurrecting an old stereo with an 8 track player in it. (yes 8 track) It was fun to listen to 8 tracks like when I was a kid, things were so simple back then. :D
I have some 8 tracks too. But I'm afraid to play them in fear the 8 track will eat them.

There actually very easy to repair. I have a least 50 8 tracks from the 70's. Still have my 8 track recorder my parents bought me for Xmas in 75 and it works :D. A friend gave me a stereo/8track unit his brother had from 1974 about a month ago. I finally got around to fixing it and put it in the office.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts