4DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

steve341

Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I have a GI 2730R Sat receiver C/KuBand unit. I know back in the day it could be converted from VC2 to digital and receive 4DTV via a sidecar. Where can I get these? Looking at skyvisions pricing for programming Bell is a ripoff. I live in the westlock area, have a 12 foot Cantenna/Odom mesh dish cemented into the ground with motor and aligned to receive VC2/FTA feeds. The dish contains a Odom LNA as well. What do I need to start subbing to 4DTV? Is it available in my area with a 12 Foot dish and available to Canadians?

I think your looking for a dsr 905. It is a sidecar but I don't know how it will work with your receiver. Skyvision did have a few in stock but that was a month ago. Wish I had a twelve footer wow!!!

I have a GI 2730R Sat receiver C/KuBand unit. I know back in the day it could be converted from VC2 to digital and receive 4DTV via a sidecar. Where can I get these? Looking at skyvisions pricing for programming Bell is a ripoff. I live in the westlock area, have a 12 foot Cantenna/Odom mesh dish cemented into the ground with motor and aligned to receive VC2/FTA feeds. The dish contains a Odom LNA as well. What do I need to start subbing to 4DTV? Is it available in my area with a 12 Foot dish and available to Canadians?

well first off I would get a lnbf... that lna is a dinosaur, and I dont think it will even work anymore...

yes you can sub on 105 cband, but you will need a dsr410, or a converted 905/920/922

What do I need to start subbing to 4DTV? Is it available in my area with a 12 Foot dish and available to Canadians?

You will need a 4DTV receiver of some sort. But to answer your question as to whether the 4DTV programming is available to Canadians. The answer is "no". BUT. The SkyVision and SRL 800 #'s work from Canada :) I am subscribed using a US address. I've never had any issues calling direct from Canada to order programming using a US address.

I use to sub through my family member in the states but then I switched over to rpssat my local dealer, always support your local dealer if you have one.

You will need a 4DTV receiver of some sort. But to answer your question as to whether the 4DTV programming is available to Canadians. The answer is "no". BUT. The SkyVision and SRL 800 #'s work from Canada :) I am subscribed using a US address. I've never had any issues calling direct from Canada to order programming using a US address.

No need to worry or even hide yourself with a US address as subscription C-Band programming is perfectly legal in Canada. Only non-Canadian DTH small dish services (i.e. KU-band) are illegal according to Canadian law. You may subscribe to HITS TV (i.e. 4DTV but on the W5 satellite) from Canada at Dr. Sat :: HITS TV and most satellite dealers who are still catering to the C-band market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)