4DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steve341

Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I have a GI 2730R Sat receiver C/KuBand unit. I know back in the day it could be converted from VC2 to digital and receive 4DTV via a sidecar. Where can I get these? Looking at skyvisions pricing for programming Bell is a ripoff. I live in the westlock area, have a 12 foot Cantenna/Odom mesh dish cemented into the ground with motor and aligned to receive VC2/FTA feeds. The dish contains a Odom LNA as well. What do I need to start subbing to 4DTV? Is it available in my area with a 12 Foot dish and available to Canadians?

I think your looking for a dsr 905. It is a sidecar but I don't know how it will work with your receiver. Skyvision did have a few in stock but that was a month ago. Wish I had a twelve footer wow!!!

I have a GI 2730R Sat receiver C/KuBand unit. I know back in the day it could be converted from VC2 to digital and receive 4DTV via a sidecar. Where can I get these? Looking at skyvisions pricing for programming Bell is a ripoff. I live in the westlock area, have a 12 foot Cantenna/Odom mesh dish cemented into the ground with motor and aligned to receive VC2/FTA feeds. The dish contains a Odom LNA as well. What do I need to start subbing to 4DTV? Is it available in my area with a 12 Foot dish and available to Canadians?

well first off I would get a lnbf... that lna is a dinosaur, and I dont think it will even work anymore...

yes you can sub on 105 cband, but you will need a dsr410, or a converted 905/920/922

What do I need to start subbing to 4DTV? Is it available in my area with a 12 Foot dish and available to Canadians?

You will need a 4DTV receiver of some sort. But to answer your question as to whether the 4DTV programming is available to Canadians. The answer is "no". BUT. The SkyVision and SRL 800 #'s work from Canada :) I am subscribed using a US address. I've never had any issues calling direct from Canada to order programming using a US address.

I use to sub through my family member in the states but then I switched over to rpssat my local dealer, always support your local dealer if you have one.

You will need a 4DTV receiver of some sort. But to answer your question as to whether the 4DTV programming is available to Canadians. The answer is "no". BUT. The SkyVision and SRL 800 #'s work from Canada :) I am subscribed using a US address. I've never had any issues calling direct from Canada to order programming using a US address.

No need to worry or even hide yourself with a US address as subscription C-Band programming is perfectly legal in Canada. Only non-Canadian DTH small dish services (i.e. KU-band) are illegal according to Canadian law. You may subscribe to HITS TV (i.e. 4DTV but on the W5 satellite) from Canada at Dr. Sat :: HITS TV and most satellite dealers who are still catering to the C-band market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts