Orbital Location-Hughes Net

JWC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
Does anyone know the orbital location of the satellite that would provide service to the East Texas?

Thanks to the both of you...there is a lot of good information there. I can see that my prefered location of the dish will not work for the 83 or 91 W birds because of obstructions. I would be able to clear the obstruction for the 99 and 117W birds at the prefered location.

This information begs the question as to the installation techs' options in finding a suitable satellite commensurate with the size/power of the modem and the fact that there are different frequencies (1.37 vs 1.05GHz) depending on the satellite (which is logical). But does the tech carry different modems at different frequencies in case he cannot get one or more of the birds. Or is there a strap option in the Modems that can change the frequency?

It looks like Hughes segregates its home users from small business users and this also begs the question if I set up a home user plan and opt to pay the extra $300 for the .98/2watt unit (see my post below) , then I potentially have a link that Hughes will give priority. With WB not accepting feeds in many areas because of customer demands, many will migrate to Hughes Net and the home users will then potentially become saturated or "over-booked"

If you have any thoughts on this subject, I would be curious as to your professional opinions.
Thanks again.

If I must go to anything other than the default sat at that time, I call to make sure it (the one I want) is even available (sometimes it is not due to loading or ??). Secondly, the tech support tells me they have no control of the freq I will get (can't even request one). So I have had to go to different sats and they dump me on a freq that is pure garbage. Sometimes after hours on the phone you may be able to get that changed but not always. Sometimes the freq they set you on is fine, sorta a crap shoot. I find using the default sat (being used at the time for commisssioning) is running well, and they are better at changing that sat as it gets to a certain capacity to protect the already installed users. Hope that helps.... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)