Orbitron 10 ft- actuator attachment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

patmos

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
I made an earlier post regarding a missing intermediate plate for a new orbiton 10 ft .I did not get the plate but I cut one out of alu sheet and assembled the dish. I have one problem now : How to fix the actuator to the dish. I found only one black square rod among the parts. I do not know if it belongs to this orbiton. Any one having this dish (10foot) please give me a picture of the back.

Attachments

• EMIL(101).jpg
    EMIL(101).jpg
    304 KB · Views: 333
  • EMIL(102).jpg
    EMIL(102).jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 252
  • EMIL(103).jpg
    EMIL(103).jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 276
  • EMIL(106).jpg
    EMIL(106).jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 238
I don't have one, but (*I THINK*) that bar should attach to the backside of the dish (across the plate)
I've been wrong before tho...
What I want to know is... how well do the aluminum printing plates work on the 12 ft in the pic?
I would think there would be some impressive signal quality numbers with that one...

I'll put it on pole first to see if the bar fits somewhere. But I'll have to unscrew at least two bolts to put across.This may deform the dish.I don't know if it will fit between the elevation bar when I put it where I mentioned.
As for the printing plates, they perform quite well. My dish was damaged by cyclone and some parts never came straight again.So it performed less than my friend's dish. He also put he same material but he drilled so many holes in it.He has better performance. See here http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/102119-size-holes-perforated-alu-dish.html

It's true but why should it block the centre hole for water drainage.May be then it should go between the two hub plate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)