Orby and FedEx SUCK!

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
I was on the news yesterday. We where contracted to do all the Detroit installs for Orby.

We ran out of equipment over a month ago. Orby shipped the equipment via FedEx and a month later we still have not gotten all of the equipment.

We got some stuff, but are missing key boxes such as mounting foots and LNB arms we do not have inventory to assemble enough equipment to complete an install.

The second FedEx delayed our shipment, orby should have taken responsibility and paid to over night replacement equipment via UPS

Orby was too cheap to pay the $500 in freight charges, so they kept on making us wait.

I finally threw in the towel last night and told orby no more installs.

Reactions: Rainy99
I was on the news yesterday. We where contracted to do all the Detroit installs for Orby.

We ran out of equipment over a month ago. Orby shipped the equipment via FedEx and a month later we still have not gotten all of the equipment.

We got some stuff, but are missing key boxes such as mounting foots and LNB arms we do not have inventory to assemble enough equipment to complete an install.

The second FedEx delayed our shipment, orby should have taken responsibility and paid to over night replacement equipment via UPS

Orby was too cheap to pay the $500 in freight charges, so they kept on making us wait.

I finally threw in the towel last night and told orby no more installs.

That means, Orby business was good, prior to this delay

I would not blame FedEx for it as I get shipments from them often without a hitch. I would be looking more at Orby. There seems to be a lot of complaints about them these days.....May not enough money to back them..... After all both Dish & Direct had/has plenty to back them up.

I would not blame FedEx for it as I get shipments from them often without a hitch. I would be looking more at Orby. There seems to be a lot of complaints about them these days.....May not enough money to back them..... After all both Dish & Direct had/has plenty to back them up.

It’s FedEx.

The equipment was shipped. The equipment sat in their facility for a month with packages being delivered every 2-3 days

That means, Orby business was good, prior to this delay

It was ok. We where doing their installs.

It was enough to keep my tech busy.

But the pay sucked, and they kept on scheduling stupid service calls for programming a remote after the customer changed the batteries, or for missing local channels which where due to the area the customer lived in.

They would not pay us on a roll back service call.

The delay with FedEx and the fact they didn’t care to send replacement equipment was the final straw

Did they give you the opportunity to hold it at the warehouse and pick it up? Usually that's an option

Look at the you tube video I posted.

I went to the warehouse. The stuff was on a trailer and they didn’t unload the trailer.

It was not possible to pick up equipment at their facility.

50% of the blame is on FedEx. 50% of the blame is on orby, because after 2 weeks they should have paid to over night equipment via another carrier such as UPS.

These are their installs, that they sold that they are paying us to install.

It was ok. We where doing their installs.

It was enough to keep my tech busy.

But the pay sucked, and they kept on scheduling stupid service calls for programming a remote after the customer changed the batteries, or for missing local channels which where due to the area the customer lived in.

They would not pay us on a roll back service call.

The delay with FedEx and the fact they didn’t care to send replacement equipment was the final straw
That means the remote has no memory storage, sounds like cheap fta remote, looks like there is a shortage of receivers, non on eBay, maybe 2-3 on Amazon

My replacement Orby DVR took 4 days to go from Ontario, CA to Bloomington, CA. That's 15 miles.

It still has another 400 miles to go to reach my house. Wonder when I'll get it?

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 11.11.33 PM.png

That really sucks to have to wait so long. Maybe when FedEx sees it on the news it will start things moving.

I doubt it.

It’s so bad we made the decision to quit installing for Orby.

If they actually cared they would have sent replacement equipment weeks ago.

We did like 3 new installs the entire month of May. The only thing to do is service calls...screw That.

I doubt it.

It’s so bad we made the decision to quit installing for Orby.

If they actually cared they would have sent replacement equipment weeks ago.

We did like 3 new installs the entire month of May. The only thing to do is service calls...screw That.
Planning on returning the shipment, at FedEx?

I spoke with Orby today. I guess they must read this forum.

No hard feelings, I really enjoyed working with them trying to launch their product In Detroit.

With no equipment from FedEx, my tech couldn’t work and found opportunities with another company. So it really left me with no choice but to stop doing installations for them.

The only thing orby could have done better was to stop using FedEx and switched to UPS when I brought this issue to their attention a month ago.

UPS has screwed up the two deliveries in the last month I have received from them.

One was a Xfinity XG1v4 box they were shipping from Aurora, CO to Littleton, CO, about 25 miles. It was shipped on a Thursday and I got a notification I would receive it next day. It didn't come. They sent it to the Englewood, CO UPS processing facility where it sat for 4 days. Then it was shipped to Salt Lake City (500 miles away) and then back to Englewood where it sat another four days. Then to me.

Another was a Best Buy order that my daughter ordered for me for my birthday. I got a notification I would receive it on a Wednesday. The day came and went with it sitting at a UPS facility with no out for delivery notification. Then the next day I get a rescheduled delivery notice for the following day.

So I finally got my replacement Orby receiver yesterday.

I wrapped up the old one and took it back to FedEx.

I was wearing a mask. When I got to the counter the FedEx guy told me to "back off". Ok, fair enough -- he doesn't want to be too close.

Then he looks at my shipping label and says -- "Ah, going to Ontario Canada". I said "No, Ontario California". We laughed.

I then asked "I wonder how many boxes going to Ontario, California end up in Canada?".

Anyway, I don't think Ontario, CA is a good place to be if you want to receive incoming shipments. :)

Reactions: trojan67

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts