Orby and FedEx SUCK!

So I finally got my replacement Orby receiver yesterday.

I wrapped up the old one and took it back to FedEx.

I was wearing a mask. When I got to the counter the FedEx guy told me to "back off". Ok, fair enough -- he doesn't want to be too close.

Then he looks at my shipping label and says -- "Ah, going to Ontario Canada". I said "No, Ontario California". We laughed.

I then asked "I wonder how many boxes going to Ontario, California end up in Canada?".

Anyway, I don't think Ontario, CA is a good place to be if you want to receive incoming shipments. :)

As long as the ZIP code is correct it shouldn't happen. ;)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
FedEx has been crap for the past couple of years. The constantly return shipments without even trying to deliver them to my office, and the server vendors I deal with all insist on using them to ship replacement parts.

FedEx and UPS have been extremely busy due to everyone wanting to shop from home.

With the increased demand, the companies have decided that they could be more efficient if they merged.

The name of the new company will be FedUp. :)
Good laugh, for the early morning

My understanding is that FedEx began having service issues when they outsourced their Ground division to third-party contractors. They retained their Express division and that is still reliable. But Ground shipments are outsourced. They are franchisees who pay to paint the FedEx name on their trucks.

I can't tell you how many times I've had the conversation with different companies about out-sourcing. Once you out-source you lose control of the business, period, no ifs, ands, or buts. In addition the out-source becomes the face of the company to the customer and that's seldom good. Unfortunately corporate climbers are still jumping on board assuming it saves money without researching how it really affects the overall business. That climber points to the logistics bottom line and says "Look, we've cut our costs." without factoring in the customers lost due to poor service. He/she doesn't care because he/she are only interested in getting promoted up another rung on the corporate ladder. I've witnessed it far too often.

My understanding is that FedEx began having service issues when they outsourced their Ground division to third-party contractors. They retained their Express division and that is still reliable. But Ground shipments are outsourced. They are franchisees who pay to paint the FedEx name on their trucks.

Good News! They are going to start working together:

Both suck in my experience the past few years.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I can't tell you how many times I've had the conversation with different companies about out-sourcing. Once you out-source you lose control of the business, period, no ifs, ands, or buts. In addition the out-source becomes the face of the company to the customer and that's seldom good. Unfortunately corporate climbers are still jumping on board assuming it saves money without researching how it really affects the overall business. That climber points to the logistics bottom line and says "Look, we've cut our costs." without factoring in the customers lost due to poor service. He/she doesn't care because he/she are only interested in getting promoted up another rung on the corporate ladder. I've witnessed it far too often.

Agree 100%. However, in the case of FedEx Ground, which I assume you were referring to, it was an acquisition/merger of existing businesses.

It seems like FedEx has gotten into the storage business -- based on what happened to Claude.

What racket. They get paid up front to 'ship'. Then they keep the merchandise as long as they want.

FedEx has been crap for the past couple of years. The constantly return shipments without even trying to deliver them to my office, and the server vendors I deal with all insist on using them to ship replacement parts.

They pretty much just show up on my office whenever they feel like it.

UPS comes by twice per day. Always in the morning around 10:30am to drop off and again around 5pm to pickup.

I got a daily pickup account with them. Costs about $27/wk but is worth it based on the service I get.

The biggest issue with FedEx is you don’t know what time they will come. So an overnight delivery usually gets delivered at the end of the day, which is too late to use the same day so it’s really like 2 days.

That’s even if they deliver next day

It seems like FedEx has gotten into the storage business -- based on what happened to Claude.

What racket. They get paid up front to 'ship'. Then they keep the merchandise as long as they want.

I wouldn’t even mind a week, but literally I’m going on about 35 days for an orby shipment.

Then getting back to that they show up whenever. I don’t even know what time they are coming so I can refuse the last of the orby equipment and send it back.

I refused a freight shipment from old dominion yesterday that was 4 days late.

I think old dominion is UPS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts