Orby Channels Active Again?

All 14 channels are still there. I am receiving them on my Amiko, don't know if they are still showing up on an Orby receiver or not, but no parameters have changed recently.
How's the signal strength/SNR? Lower than before, if you recall? 117w is partially blocked by a tree for me, but I could still pick up those channels on a clear day. They're gone now, 0%, not even an intermittent lock. I'm aimed at the right bird, I'm getting the TIGO STAR teaser channel.

Edit: It's still there - I got a flash of it frozen of my screen - but definitely seems weaker than before....

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
How's the signal strength/SNR? Lower than before, if you recall?
Unfortunately, the Amiko doesn't have a great SQ meter, and sometimes gives misleading readings, for example, sometimes (not always) it will give a higher reading when the strength has dropped! That said, it is possible it has dropped a bit, but not anywhere near to the point of disappearing. Yesterday we have freezing rain/ice pellets/snow and the signal never pixelated or disappeared whenever I checked it.

Watching on my OS mio 4k and seeing some occasional streaking on the bottom of the screen on Real America's Voice. Once in a while I watch Red Green on Heartland and OAN for a bit and I don't get it on those. Is anyone else seeing this?
Streak2.jpg

Reactions: N5XZS
Yes, must be on their's downlink side before resending up to their uplink TX site and don't know where are they located.

So the downlink's signal must be pretty weak or their dish alignment is not right.

Whoever the company named "UT" that is responsible for signal's quality have yet to be resolved, have been like for many months now.:rolleyes:

So I am guessing it's uplinking from somewhere in the Caribbean regions.

So that's best answer that I can give you that, unless someone comes along with better answer than mine.:):cool::hatsoff

Reactions: Keith Brannen
Yes, must be on their's downlink side before resending up to their uplink TX site and don't know where are they located.

So the downlink's signal must be pretty weak or their dish alignment is not right.

Whoever the company named "UT" that is responsible for signal's quality have yet to be resolved, have been like for many months now.:rolleyes:

So I am guessing it's uplinking from somewhere in the Caribbean regions.

So that's best answer that I can give you that, unless someone comes along with better answer than mine.:):cool::hatsoff

They uplink from south Florida. ORBY’s old web site is slowly coming back to life: